Where should the 2010 348-409 Shootout be? (New)

Where should the 2010 348-409 Shootout be located?

• Total voters

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I think we had better get off the dime and vote for a track, I vote for Thompson Raceway Park Thompson Ohio. I have been in touch with the track owner and he is ready to talk.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Thompson has my vote. I couldn't get there last year,but I think WENGINE & myself can make it next year. Just need a date.:clap:crazy:cool::cheers

bluescreamer

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Where should the 2010 349-409 shootout be? (new)

I think its time for me to put my two cents in. I a'm one of the race cars that journeyed to Thompson.
I thought that we had very good showing of race and show cars. Plus the managment and owners
of the track where pleasing surpised at the car count and quality
of the show and race cars. Plus the Gasser reunion cars thought the 348-409
enchanced the total show.
That being said, look at the car count of cars that supported the Thompson event, that where EAST
of the Ohio. If memory is correct 10 if not more cars. Will they support a move to KC. Most likey Not.
Also when you a part of a very large show, our 348-409 is a fly on elephant.
Example, we had unlimited test and tune runs at thompson. We had our own
race Saturday afternoon, Plus those that wanted two could run in the tracks elimination.
I realize we had a couple of issues, but they could be worked out, with some planning.
Therefore my vote at this time is to return to Thompson for another shootout.
Bluescreamer

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bluescreamer said my feelings exactly. That's why I'm having trouble trying to decide on which track to vote for. If I can make it I'd like to drive the car to the shootout. Thompson is a full days drive farther but I'm leaning towards voting for Thompson anyway. We were treated pretty damn good there for being there for the first time. I think in a larger meet we would get lost in the crowd.

Just my opinion...... but I wonder if Kansas would be quite so interested if we didn't get the big write up in Super Chevy ????

Dave

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
2010 Get Together

Hello All,
I have withheld from getting into the middle of this, but as Allen said, I believe probably half of the race cars that came last year were from east of Thompson. I understand many traveled much farther than we did to be there, but understand, for many of us, myself included, traveling to KC is not a possibility. Also, I have two boys in school, so after Labor Day is out of the question anywhere. Having been involved with several groups, I can offer that trying to organize an event for racing is tough. Trying to get one where you can make 10+ runs over a weekend is almost impossible! The last time we were to Bowling Green for the NHRR, we got three runs, total, over three days!! To try and move in with another event is a big question in my mind. We know what we had at Thompson, and other than some parking issues, I believe everything went well, and I am sure, now that everybody at the track and the gasser's know what to expect, those issues can be resolved for next year. One last item, I know many of us had all time best performances at Thompson, either in E.T., of 60', so that is another great reason to return!
Thanks, Steven

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thompson

:beerbangi totally agree with Allen and Steve. we had such a great time at Thompson,and i'm sure any glitches that we had there will be solved.Ray has a real good relationship with the track and they want us back!!the gassers even would like us back from what i heard.also,the gasser magazine had more W engine cars in it then gassers! i would love to get a copy of that issue.i love to see all the show cars as well as race cars,i think they both go together at an event like this one.i really hope we can go back there.Hey,if enough guys here want to commit to it,you can count me in right now! And also,the unlimited amount of runs we made there was unreal,i have never been to a race where you could just go right back up to run again.back home here you are lucky to get 2 passes on a test and tune night.i'm sure we could have made more runs there at Thompson.i hope it comes together....Ray.

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
gasser mag

i believe you have to be a member of the gasser group that was there.i think they get a magazine maybe quarterly and the 09's were in the summer edition.we have a buddy who races a 51 chevy with an olds engine,he was there with us and i heard he was talking about the issue.i'll try and find out if we can get copies of the mag. Ray

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Thompson Gasser Reunion 2009

If you Google the (Thompson Gasser Reunion 2009) site you will see a lot of 409 car pictures.:clap