Z11- Hayden Proffitt Story

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
Raj, trust me life goes on and you will find someone else who makes you even happier than the previous woman. I'm living proof of that with two marriages.... I know it sounds hard to believe now, it did to me too after #1 but any hurt you may have now does go away over time. Just think of how happy these cars make you and all the people you have become friends with because of them. That will keep you going during the bad times. Hang in there, do things that make you happy (post cool stuff about Z-11s!!!) and things will get better, I promise!!! Z-11s = good, bridges = bad!!!!:clap

By the way I just spent the day with Mike Strickler, he says HI !!!

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Raj I don't think there has been one time I have got on this web site and not seen at least 3 or 4 members on here.........I don't care what time of day it is.........so if you ever get ta feelin like you're alone get on this site, we'll always be here,.........we can make ya laugh or laugh with ya and if you wanna be serious we can do that too..............remember you have a great bunch of guys right at your finger tips, hang in there the majority of us have been thru it,............... its just a new beginning ;)

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Yes that is Hands in the white 56 Chevy Gas car E/G-set the E/G record of 14.32 @ 97.92 MPH (AHRA) at Corpus Christi, Tx.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s
Wayne, when was that? I raced at Corpus Christi in 61/62 at Rodd Field Dragway. I remember Hands well.

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks guys for your support, been dealing with this depression well over a year now since she left and am still hurting badly. I felt that keeping myself busy with being here and SS 427 board I can fulfill the emptiness. I pretty much live like a hermit now, work, gym and home and that's about it for now and Saturday's are my car day to turn wrenches on the collection to pass the time. I guess I'm pretty scared what the future holds for me, and every now and then think of getting drunk and jumping of that stupid bridge. I'm going to be taking a breather from the web and disappear for a while to get things sorted out. You guys have been great and I appreciate you welcoming me to this site, take care Raj.

PS you can E-mail me @
fourspeed409@yahoo.com
if you want to contact me, regards.

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
depression is a very serious issue you should definitely seek help for on both fronts, from the medication standpoint and from of therapy standpoint. make sure you go see somebody Raj and take care of yourself, there's nothing wrong with admitting that you need help.............matter of fact that's the road to recovery

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Was there such a thing as a bungee cord in 1961? If so, why weren't they jumping off bridges back then.