1961 Biscayne project in Fargo ND

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Just read through the entire thread. Awesome just doesn't come close to describing the outstanding job you did on the car Brian!! :beer:bow

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Bryan...I was in Great Bend Mon. and Tues. Talking with one of the guys from SRCA club who run the track. He had a 61 Biscayne in storage and he just went to get it out...and the renter sold his driver's door!!!! So I said...does your car look like this??? showing him your picture. He said Yep. I said this car was coming to Great Bend and you've finally had it out for some test and tunes. That this guy has raced all his life. I said your best so far was 9.70 @ 139MPH. He just stared at me!!!! What?????????? So I repeated your story. He was stunned!!!!!! I'm sure he will come find you to visit.
Beautiful car and wonderful results!!!!

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Brian,you made the comment that the chassis is set now.....can I ask what you had to adjust? Have you altered ride height? Are you still running your 1/2 (cut off) ball joint spacer to promote weight transfer? Just curious,thanks in advance.......CARS HOT!!!!!!!
Yes I took the ball joint spacers out before I had the front end aligned I also changed my instant center and took the spring spacers out to lower the front and lose some of that stored energy along with tighten up my front A-arms a little

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Great work Brian, this whole build thread has been inspirational. You should be proud of your work. :clap:clap:clap

Gus68

Well Known Member
I have been following this build and just LOVE it!!!! Can I ask a question that might be a little late in the game? I am thinking of going with a onepeice drive shaft like you did, and was wondering how low and how long did you go with that "tunnel" you made in the frame? Does it hang down enough that it causes headaches? Like rubbing on the trailer when you unload? or is it not that bad?