2012 Fred Totten Memorial 409 Shootout.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
We'll miss you Cecil. Just won't be right without your WIT and WISDOM!! Wait a minute, wait a minute, she didn't ground you because she found out that you bought the white truck-----did she?? Just kiddin', take care of your back!! :hug

Lonnie

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
It's official. I'm going to have to cancel again this year. Maybe next.:dunno
You guys (and gals) have fun and take lots of pics.

Don't feel like the "Lone Ranger" Cecil, I can't make it this year also. Stuff happens!!! I will be thinking of you guys.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks everyone. :) I will start a new log of the travels out, when I have something to post. We are taking our time along the way to enjoy our new found freedom from work, going to spend money, as if we had some !!!! :doh:scratch

See you all on Thursday.

Bill and Linda

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Darn Cecil, I was hoping to spend some time with you this year, seems I've missed you everytime !!! We will miss you, butwe'll tip a beer for you during dinner.

Bill and Linda

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
OH WELL Cecil. I will miss you again this year. I can't wait to compare notes on how to keep these guys entertained this year. Hopefully we will get together in 2013. :bow:think

:crazy:cheers

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Jim...................I like your forecast better!!!! No rain until we leave on Sunday:dunno:eek:bang Oh well..........a day in the rain on the Harley is better than ANY sunny day in a 4-wheeler!!!!

If anyone wants the 2 dvd set of the 2009 348-409 Shootout for $20. Let me know and I will bring some. All the time trials & Eliminations. Alot of members already have them. I am racing my Blue 1938 Chev 4dr in hot rod. We have a 15' travel trailer. Shouldn't be hard to find. E mail me at fkunkel1@cogeco.ca and place your order...thanks, may film your eliminations this year also. Frank Kunkel

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I guess there will NO PROBLEM with buying tickets at the gate???? Is there trailer parking (overnight)?

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
If anyone wants the 2 dvd set of the 2009 348-409 Shootout for $20. Let me know and I will bring some. All the time trials & Eliminations. Alot of members already have them. I am racing my Blue 1938 Chev 4dr in hot rod. We have a 15' travel trailer. Shouldn't be hard to find. E mail me at fkunkel1@cogeco.ca and place your order...thanks, may film your eliminations this year also. Frank Kunkel

Yeah, the 2009 dvd set was terrific!:clap A real bargain at only $20.:deal

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'm going to post this in the events area, maybe it doesn't belong here but the guys and gals going to Thompson may think this is ok. There is a lot of things I like about my 60 Chevy but this is not about my car. This is something that runs much deeper. If any of you that are lucky enough to attend Thompson take a minute after the races when things get quiet at the strip. Slip behind the wheel of my 60 Impala and listen. It doesn't jump out at you. It's the clock! This car is 52 yrs old, the clocks still ticking. This is a time machine. The clock has been running for 52 years. I think it's great.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Ray, that is neat.... They don't make them like that anymore !!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm going to post this in the events area, maybe it doesn't belong here but the guys and gals going to Thompson may think this is ok. There is a lot of things I like about my 60 Chevy but this is not about my car. This is something that runs much deeper. If any of you that are lucky enough to attend Thompson take a minute after the races when things get quiet at the strip. Slip behind the wheel of my 60 Impala and listen. It doesn't jump out at you. It's the clock! This car is 52 yrs old, the clocks still ticking. This is a time machine. The clock has been running for 52 years. I think it's great.

You're going to have to cap the dumps to hear the clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not gonna make it with the car. Still don't have the engine together :bang Still hoping to attend though.