2012 Fred Totten Memorial 409 Shootout.

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Got good news, late yesterday Ellen & I picked up the T-Bird from Dwayne Rall owner of Southside City Speed Shop, St Louis (he teaches @ Rakin Tech Automotive where our grandson attends). Happy with the installation of the 700R4 transmission. As expected, problems were encountered and Dwayne came up with solutions. Grandson, works for Dwayne, helped and learned much about the old T-Bird.

Ellen & I plan to start for Thompson thursday morning & drive about 10 hours, stay the night somewhere and arrive friday morning.

I was begining to think the T-Bird wouldn't be finished in time. Had thoughts of asking Ronnie to throw our T-shirts out of the airplane as he passed over our house on his flight back to Texas.:)

Hope to see you all friday am and friday dinner. Count me in for the tent $10.

Next for the old T-Bird, 409 stroker

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Not gonna make it with the car. Still don't have the engine together :bang Still hoping to attend though.

Yeah, that's too bad. I know it would have been nice if you were able to bring the car but don't worry too much, you'll still have a good time without it if you come.
If you're not too far away, you could consider bringing the car anyway. Just for show. :beer It's a lot more relaxing when you're not spending all your time getting ready for the next round of racing.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Good to hear you're going to make it Clyde.:beer
After all, no 348/409 show would be complete without a 409 Powered T Bird.

I just got the tranny back for the 55 Chevy. I should have that up and running this afternoon.:dance

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey Brian , The Quaker Steak & Lube dinner is for Friday Night the 1st at 7:00pm correct?
Giny & I will probably be arriving in Mentor around 4 or 5 pm.
What are the chances of someone saving me a parking spot on Saturday morning in the pits by you guys like last year. The less walking for Giny the better. We will be there around 7 or 8 in the morning. Thanx Butch:bow

:crazy:cheers

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I have the same issues with walking,I can get there as early as needed .I should be arriving in Mentor by early afternoon 0n friday.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Way to go Clyde, I knew they would get it squared away for you! Looking forward to seeing you and Ellen!! :clap

Lonnie

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well we pulled into the track at about 9:30 and parked outside the gate. Can't get in untill 10:AM. Already a few waiting in line.

62BT409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Damn....must be like Black Friday and waiting for the doors to open to get the good sales

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm going to post this in the events area, maybe it doesn't belong here but the guys and gals going to Thompson may think this is ok. There is a lot of things I like about my 60 Chevy but this is not about my car. This is something that runs much deeper. If any of you that are lucky enough to attend Thompson take a minute after the races when things get quiet at the strip. Slip behind the wheel of my 60 Impala and listen. It doesn't jump out at you. It's the clock! This car is 52 yrs old, the clocks still ticking. This is a time machine. The clock has been running for 52 years. I think it's great.

My clock is right twice a day, 409AM and 409 PM. Or its 409 time all the time.

de31168

Well Known Member
Fri Jun 1

12.png

69°
50°
Rain / Thunder
Chance of rain:
70%
Wind:
SSE at 17 mph
Details

Sat Jun 2

11.png

69°
54°
Few Showers
Chance of rain:
30%
Wind:
WSW at 17 mph
Details

Sun Jun 3

11.png

72°
55°
Few Showers

Chance of rain:
30%
Wind:
W at 10 mph
:(

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have non-refundalble plane tickets so I do not believe the weather forecast. I believe the rain will stay away.

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Was a beautiful day here today. A lot of the group showed up. Calling for some rain tomorrow but who knows.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:bang Oh goodee,I get to drive in the rain tomorrow .Bag packed,Vibe gassed up,alarm set for 2;30 am,see you guys and ladies tomorrow.:hug

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
HeY Guys,Skip(painthelper2) and I will pull out about 3 am Friday Morning.Definetly will bring my rain gear,and maybe some warm clothes.Been great warm temperatures here all week,gotta gear up for the cool weather again.We'll Cya all in about 18 hours. John:cheers

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I hope aall of you folks have good weather and a good time. I am stuck in ft. Benning Georgia for afew weeks. please put up a few pics.

BULLET WITH A BENCH SEAT

Supporting Member 1
Just got home...wow, I'm sunburned. No rain today. Special thanks to all the guys I got to meet today. I really wanted to thank all of you for letting me have the only Max Wedge Dodge in the 409 area.LOL...
Even the guy at the front gate was confused. I said..."We are with the 409 guys." He says"But your a Dodge!"
Big thanks to Ray (Fathead). Im real sorry he could not run.
Big thanks to Bob Walla...his parts are gonna get me to 1000 hp.( This is going to be fabulous or tragic...just dont know which)

It was a ton of fun...
Donnie

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Good news..............beautiful day today for BS and racing!!!
Bad news...........Clyde's T-bird got rearended yesterday by a Frito Lay Potato Chip truck. He and Ellen are fortunate and they headed home today with the car needing a lot of repairs.
Good news.......Brian Fugate won SOII (slower cars) and Jim's 55 gasser won SOI (faster cars). Brian is our new Top Dog winner!!!! Carl Buck's Nova won Best Show car, Nuts won the Long Distance award, Allen George won Best Reation Time.
Good news.............Brian is feeling better and doesn't have the shits anymore!!!
Bad news, Bo put a rod thru the block, Brian...the one with the shits took out 2nd gear in his trans, Bob Walla was fighting a starter issue and didn't get but one pass in today, and someone else broke and now I can't remember who!! Overall ....................a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! There will be more details coming I'm sure.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Phil thanks for the summary for those of us that couldn't make it but do you have photos!! Anyone bring a cake :) :)

robert