Tooth's 63 Belair Build "FINALLY!!! "

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I looked it up in Missouri and it looks like it’s not illegal to display a rebel battle flag, however the State can’t sell or display one on state property. I think we should all destroy history so we can do it all again…..dugh….why are people so thin skined? I’m not saying I support anything but we can’t forget history or it will come back to haunt us. I guess the next big war will be over government control and vaccines.:dunno:dunno2:scratch Personally I like the DON’T TREAD ON ME that’s hanging in my shop! And to each his own. However I would say if there was a democratic party flag hanging in his shop I would never walk through the door! We all have different ideas …… there’s a lot of those flags flying on polls around here and I think it’s the people just giving the government the middle finger, after all up until a couple years ago it never seem to bother anybody!!!!!! Just saying…
I think if I remember history right the south was for slavery and mostly Democrats too.
I thought the Democratic flag…. was the rebel flag….. they flew under the confederacy…… they were the ones who wanted slavery in the first place…… and then we’re supposed to tear down all of our statues because they’ve had a change of heart……If we destroy all of the statues then there will be no proof that the Democrats were the reason for slavery in the first place……. it’s quite a plan……” never happened”…….. freaking whack jobs…..Don’t get me wrong I don’t have a problem seeing a confederate flag because I know what it was from and I didn’t have anything to do being a white person with slavery and neither does anyone else in this era …….MoveOn……..

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I help James pick up the donor car and deliver it. Good parts car, grill was painted and needs cleaned. The rears are mounted. I'm going with Ladder bars 38" length. Time to start cutting soon. Here's some new pics. Good shorts weather today. :D wheel base is 119...20220122_091856.jpg20220122_091903.jpg20220122_091911.jpg20220122_091954.jpg20220122_092034.jpg20220122_092633.jpg20220122_092900.jpg20220122_092908.jpg

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Took the rear-end out, threw the 10x15's with the 28x10.5's in the hole. Surprised that they fit so good. With a little trimming should be perfect. Next to measure for the Quick Performance 9" 20220301_174030.jpg20220301_174048.jpg20220301_174432.jpg20220301_174449.jpg20220301_174530.jpg20220301_171112.jpg

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Looks good…… By the picture you show set up with the rear tires on …..looks like you’re gonna move your axle centerline back an inch…. possibly an inch and a half
That’s what she’ll look like gett’n air………:appl

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave, 850.00 with 35 spline axels and bearings. I have a complete aluminum center section with a spool or posi. If you tell them how wide you want they will Weld bearing housing's on too.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Is that with the internal gussets, .250 wall tubes, drain and fill plugs, etc? You might want to look at Strange. Probably 2-300 more but also nicer stuff. A heavy stick car is brutal on drivetrain stuff. Once my car started to hook harder running 10.30s it twisted the Strange 35 spline axles and the axles were toing in on the launch. 40 splines fixed that. When the car ran 10.80s it cracked every tooth in the thing with a street gear and cast pinion support. Upgraded to 35 spline pro gear and billet bearing support and no more issue. What I'm getting at is it's more costly to buy things twice. Put big stuff in it the first time and sleep well at night.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Is that with the internal gussets, .250 wall tubes, drain and fill plugs, etc? You might want to look at Strange. Probably 2-300 more but also nicer stuff. A heavy stick car is brutal on drivetrain stuff. Once my car started to hook harder running 10.30s it twisted the Strange 35 spline axles and the axles were toing in on the launch. 40 splines fixed that. When the car ran 10.80s it cracked every tooth in the thing with a street gear and cast pinion support. Upgraded to 35 spline pro gear and billet bearing support and no more issue. What I'm getting at is it's more costly to buy things twice. Put big stuff in it the first time and sleep well at night.
My quick performance in the Nova has internal gussets and all of what you described. Heavier tubes bearing housings. Welded inside too. heavy duty for sure. They rated it at 1500 hp. Don't know width yet. Will measure soon.
The guy I got my wheels and tires from (TY) is a Strange Dealer. I'll compare...thanks Dan.

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well it's done! I bought the fiberglass off of Donnie's obsolete missile...
HOOD
FENDERS
WIPER COWL
BUMPERS W/ALUMINUM BRACKETS
ALSO A HIGH BACK ALUMINUM RACING SEAT.
Russ is keeping the doors. I crawled all over the car for ideas, this was a wonderful day. Evan came to get Hayden's Tribute car and Dennis is cornering the 409/Xframe market! LolThat car is amazing. Al dropped off Pats 32 hot rod,IMG950274.jpgFB_IMG_1645402020989.jpg Rodney is a Pro! Very good work and a shop full of dreams, history, and wishes... this might change my paint scheme I guess I have a pair of rust free 63 steel front fenders for sale...:dunno2