Tooth's 63 Belair Build "FINALLY!!! "

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't plan on driving it on the street. I have designated it to be a race car... It will be a mix of new and old school modifications... I am always open to ideas and am not beyond learning.:D

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well it's done! I bought the fiberglass off of Donnie's obsolete missile...
HOOD
FENDERS
WIPER COWL
BUMPERS W/ALUMINUM BRACKETS
ALSO A HIGH BACK ALUMINUM RACING SEAT.
Russ is keeping the doors. I crawled all over the car for ideas, this was a wonderful day. Evan came to get Hayden's Tribute car and Dennis is cornering the 409/Xframe market! LolThat car is amazing. Al dropped off Pats 32 hot rod,View attachment 104717View attachment 104718 Rodney is a Pro! Very good work and a shop full of dreams, history, and wishes... this might change my paint scheme I guess I have a pair of rust free 63 steel front fenders for sale...:dunno2
20220310_093628.jpg
Good looking front!

20220310_093829.jpg

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thought I might pass this along, A couple of years ago my wife bought me an Eastwood contour SCT body conditioning
tool. You can purchase different drum cylinders for different surfaces. The drum that I am using is for stripping paint rust and body filler, it has a potentiometer for different speeds and as long as you don’t push super hard and stay in one place it does not get hot and warp the metal. I use it on my 54 Chevy truck and it works really well and I recommend it highly. Here’s a video and a small demonstration. I have a brush that I used to strip the frames of rust.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
HOOD
FENDERS
WIPER COWL
Russ is keeping the doors. I crawled all over the car for ideas, this was a wonderful day. Evan came to get Hayden's Tribute car and Dennis is cornering the 409/Xframe market! LolThat car is amazing. Al dropped off Pats 32 hot rod,View attachment 104717View attachment 104718 Rodney is a Pro! Very good work and a shop full of dreams, history, and wishes... this might change my paint scheme I guess I have a pair of rust free 63 steel front fenders for sale...:dunno2
How cool……. I just saw this……… congratulations……….Wow

55Brodie

Well Known Member
HOOD
FENDERS
WIPER COWL
Great score Tooth. You need to post more build videos for this epic build.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thought I might pass this along, A couple of years ago my wife bought me an Eastwood contour SCT body conditioning
tool. You can purchase different drum cylinders for different surfaces. The drum that I am using is for stripping paint rust and body filler, it has a potentiometer for different speeds and as long as you don’t push super hard and stay in one place it does not get hot and warp the metal. I use it on my 54 Chevy truck and it works really well and I recommend it highly. Here’s a video and a small demonstration. I have a brush that I used to strip the frames of rust.
Congrats on the fiberglass parts score Tooth.

You ever try this body conditioning tool on yourself by any chance? If so, and it worked I might borrow it.

Don't see your name or James' on the Iowa race list. Randy says it's a 4 grand purse so far....

Looks like you have a fun project going.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Went to Russ's with James yesterday and picked up the fiberglass from the OBSOLETE Missile. James traded for the Crager super trics for the 61. Thanks for passing down a peace of history Russ. The obsolete missile will look fantastic with the aluminum front end and bumpers. Oh-20220416_203545.jpg20220416_202544.jpg20220416_202536.jpg20220416_202346.jpg20220416_202217.jpg20220416_160942.jpg20220416_155229.jpg20220416_155207.jpg and the Z-11 engine in it!20220416_155028.jpg