Just picked up this 409 marine engine today

63 Biscayne

Well Known Member
Thank's for the great videos !!! It encourages me to "push" harder to get mine finished .Nice job, sounds and looks great!:cheers

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks for the ride.....guess I thought cherry bombs would sound off a little more....had the same thought,another chance to go!!!!! Enjoy .....

dean409

Well Known Member
Congrats!!!!! Have you had it apart yet as in heads off? Mine is a 656/1965 notcher. Great find! I've seen the alum mericruiser valve covers that look pretty good.

entourageguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
dean409 the 656 engine has just gone back in to the car 2 weeks ago. It was done right over new solid cam roller rockers 11:1 pistons bigger valves in the 333 heads. Eagle rods. Msd ignition.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Brian, I just reread some of your older posts from a year ago when you picked the 409 boat motor. You have come a long way and your car looks great. That 409 has to pull a lot harder that the old 348. You did good!!!Leo

entourageguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well it has been a learning experience. Car looks a lot better in pictures than in person. It was a frame off dome 23 years ago and the body had a few beauty marks.
Lots of great help on this site. Just about time to put the car up for the winter. I've got to drop the 4 speed out and have it looked at as the syncros are not for 2nd. Also need to get a better set of mufflers for the car.
Hmm now what to do with the 348 655 block and 409 crank I have....:coffee