Just picked up this 409 marine engine today

entourageguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was so tempted to go around the block but I don't think it would be well received.:cuss I've got some cut outs that are going to be plumbed into the system coming out under the rear of the front fender.:)

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sounding good............looks good!!! Always nice to know it's in and everything is alright. No matter if you've never had a problem......there is always that little worry in the back of your mind. Great job on everything.

entourageguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well just short of 1 year it rolls again. Got it off the stands and on the ground. I had run it a few times in the garage and driveway to check the power steering and brakes
and my daughter said her bedroom was shaking. Good sign!
still don,'t have any mufflers but could not stand it any more and took a short drive down our subdivision and Wow:eek !! I had it into 2nd abit but in first got on it a bit and all I can say is it's going to be fun!

Molten

Well Known Member
Congrats Brian. Can't wait till spring when mine will be on the road. Gonna be a fun winter building. May have a few questions for ya later on for sure.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well just short of 1 year it rolls again. Got it off the stands and on the ground. I had run it a few times in the garage and driveway to check the power steering and brakes
and my daughter said her bedroom was shaking. Good sign!
still don,'t have any mufflers but could not stand it any more and took a short drive down our subdivision and Wow:eek !! I had it into 2nd abit but in first got on it a bit and all I can say is it's going to be fun!

How's your "rocket" now!!!!??????????

entourageguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well got a front end alignment done and some mufflers put on. Had them do the exit in front of the rear wheels. Was a little concerned how it would sound with a set of used cherry bomb mufflers but it is great! Took a drive and two words pretty well describe it ... O WOW!!!!!! big grin now.:D

entourageguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
i'm going to get a camera and try to take you for a ride!

Ali and I went to Barrie earlier in the week and stopped by the engine builders as well as Jim and Jim's. Dexter checked out the tires and said it's ok to go. No sign of the aluminum block though....

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well got a front end alignment done and some mufflers put on. Had them do the exit in front of the rear wheels. Was a little concerned how it would sound with a set of used cherry bomb mufflers but it is great! Took a drive and two words pretty well describe it ... O WOW!!!!!! big grin now.:D

is there anyway we could here it thru your cherry bombs:bow listened to your video about 4 times sounds great...........great:clap

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ali and I went to Barrie earlier in the week and stopped by the engine builders as well as Jim and Jim's. Dexter checked out the tires and said it's ok to go.

Yep, Dexter gave it two thumbs up! :clap

The engine sounds really good! :beer I took pictures of the rest of the car but they came out blurry. The engine picture came out good though...

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks good!! Are those the aluminum filler panels I see for sale on Ebay that are by the core support / hood latch area?