1957 Buick 70 Series Roadmaster Riviera "Honey I'm Home!!!"

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pat, The intake is a EELCO designed a produced by Marty Lackner out of Canby, Oregon. I could of went with 2X4 but because I had another set of 3X2 carbs with true end carbs I chose to purchasing this intake.

Ellis

WOW!! Your engineering and fabrication are impressive! What a great project! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I picked up another parts car to fund this project. It has a real nice set of rear bumper ends that I am able to use for mock up to build my exhaust tips. I used a piece of 2-1/2" stainless steel .063 exhaust pipe to make the end. Then used a piece of 2-1/4" stainless steel exhaust pipe slipped inside. These two will get tig welded and then a band clamp will attach the tip to the rest of the 2-1/4" system. To finish it off I will ad a 1/4" ss round stock bead to finish it off.

Back.jpgFront Pass.jpgRear Bumper Ends.jpgExhaust Tips 1.jpgExhaust Tips 2.jpgExhaust Tips 3.jpgExhaust Tips 4.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well I took some time off and drove the shit out of my other cars this summer and now back on the Buick. Here is the chassis all done.

Chassis Finished 1.jpgChassis Finished 2.jpgChassis Finished 3.jpgChassis Finished 4.jpgChassis Finished 5.jpgChassis Finished 6.jpgChassis Finished Rear End.jpgChassis Finished 9.3 Olds Pumpkin.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I got started on the exhaust this week. I bought my supplies from Columbia River Mandrel Bending. http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog/?gclid=CO3LiIvB5LoCFRFxQgodpwoAow
Great people to deal with and they are fairly close by in Saint Helens, Oregon so I was able to run down there and pick up my stuff. Original exhaust was 2". I was able to bump the exhaust manifold flange out just a hair on a friends exhaust machine to accept 2-1/4" mild steel 16 gauge tubing...:brow. The original system also used ball socket/flange fittings but I decided to use the V-Band Clamps for a cleaner look. I also made some hangers for the front that basically imitate the flange hangers that were used originally stole the rear hangers off my 57' Olds parts car for where the exhaust exits the rear of the X-member. I had some nice conveyer belt material from one of the log mills lying around so I used it to make the rubber straps. Here are a few pics.

Exhaust Driver Front 1.jpgExhaust Driver Front 2.jpgExhaust Driver Muffler.jpgExhaust Driver Rear 1.jpgExhaust Driver Rear 2.jpgExhaust Hanger Front 1.jpgExhaust Hanger Front 2.jpgExhaust Hanger Rear 1.jpgExhaust Hanger Rear 2.jpgExhaust Pass Front 1.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Okay got a few more things done. Got the exhaust all fit and tacked in as well as the tailpipes. I ended up just doing a bologna cut on the tailpipes. I think it fits the bumper ends real nice. I used 1957 Oldsmobile hangers just before the exhaust exits the "X" member and had to clearance the floor boards slightly and cut the end of the bracket to fit. I made all the other hangers. Also got the buckets mounted. I made plates with studs similar to what like GM did then tacked them to the floor for now. Also picked up another parts car today. 1957 Buick Century 2dr ht.

Rear Dif Forward Body On 1.jpg Over Rear Dif 2.jpg Over Rear Dif 1.jpg Muffler Clamp Tail Pipe.jpg Hnger Over Rear Dif.jpg Hanger Driver  Front Body On.jpg Hanger Driver 57\' Olds Body On.jpg Hanger Bumper.jpg Exhaust Bumper Pass.jpg Exhaust Bumper Driver.jpg

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Looking really good Dan. This will be something to cruise in when you are done for sure. Awesome.