1957 Buick 70 Series Roadmaster Riviera "Honey I'm Home!!!"

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I got the front end assembled and the brake & fuel lines installed this weekend. I had made up the brake & fuel lines prior to powder coating the frame.

Frame Powder Coated Front Suspension Assembled 1.jpgFrame Powder Coated Brake Line Front.jpgFuel Line 1.jpgFuel Line 2.jpg

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I believe the starter switches were under the gas pedal. If so, is it still going to be in the same place Dan? Sure looking good. You are close enought too to where we can come an lay an eye ball on it. Never made it to the swap meet. Hope it was a success. Butch

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I believe the starter switches were under the gas pedal. If so, is it still going to be in the same place Dan? Sure looking good. You are close enought too to where we can come an lay an eye ball on it. Never made it to the swap meet. Hope it was a success. Butch

Butch, We just got back from Portland late last night. As always we moved in on Wednesday and packed it up and pulled out at 5:00 pm last night. Pat and Chip stopped by and we had a good visit. I also picked up two more Olds/Pontiac 9.3 Posi rears and a bunch of other good stuff. Sales where down a bit this year but we still had a blast.
To answer your question about the starter, yes the starter switch was on the gas pedal but will now be like any other rig at the key...:browI have tentative plans to be headed for Yakima late this week to pick up some more parts. If you get up this way be sure to give me a holler and stop by. The skunk cabbage is in full bloom...:roll

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ha Ha. What a riot. Yeah that was funny. I never remembered that about the skunk cabbage till Deb mentioned it. We are still over on the islands. Be home in another week or so but yeah going to have to come up and look what you have going on. Anything like the 61 has got to be good but looks like this is way over board from the 61 even. Pretty cool Dan. Glenn and I got to meet Chip and Pat. Great guys. I am sure we will cross paths again somewhere. Glad you had a great time. Butch

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got the SP400 rebuilt last week and have it coupled to the 425 and in the chassis. Also had all my brackets powder coated 60% black.

425 Switch Pich Installed in Chassis 1.jpg425 Switch Pich Installed in Chassis 2.jpg425 Switch Pich Installed in Chassis 3.jpg425 Switch Pich Installed in Chassis 4.jpg425 Switch Pich Installed in Chassis 5.jpg

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan,
That's a nice looking Chevy truck engine you have there.:dance
Since you seem to be the resident expert on early BOP stuff, I have a question about 55 Pontiac rear ends.
Is this worth anything as far as being stronger than chevy and useable on 55 up Chevies?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/3719723391.html
The add says 55-57 but the Pontiac/Olds rears that I am familiar with are 57-64. The center section looks identical to the 57-58 carrier but I don't know if the 57-64 pig would fit that housing. I think it may. I called and talked with the guy and he doesn't know anything about it but he did say it is much larger than the Chevy. I think you could get it for much less then he is asking and it may be worth it if they 9.3 pig will bolt in. I would call Brad at Fabcraft and ask him. He would know if the 9.3 will bolt in.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Dan...I am constantly amazed at your skill level!!!! You make Chip Fosse and West Coast Choppers look like amatures!!!!!!:bow:bow

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan,
That's a nice looking Chevy truck engine you have there.:dance
Since you seem to be the resident expert on early BOP stuff, I have a question about 55 Pontiac rear ends.
Is this worth anything as far as being stronger than chevy and useable on 55 up Chevies?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/3719723391.html
Just talked with Dave at Fabcraft and no the 9.3 will not work in this rear. There have been guys that have masassed the 55-56 housing to fit the 9.3 but it would be better to start with the correct housing. The 57-58 Pontiac Olds housing is a direct bolt in to 55-57 Chev. I had two 57 Olds rears and sold both the tri5 guys.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks Dan. Maybe I'll just use a corporate (8.5) 10 bolt or the 68 Camaro 12 bolt I have out back.:dunno

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Dan, things are looking way kewl:bow and the front end with those A arms set things off really well. look forward to seeing more as things progress.

Gav

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hi Dan where did you get the intake? was it an option or aftermarket? One more question is what carbs are you using? enough questions thanks Pat