2017 West Coast 348-409 Reunion/Shootout

Nutts62

Well the time is near. Truck and Trailer are damn near ready for the travels. A bit nervous about spending the night in Reno with the BelAir sitting on a flat bed trailer out in the open. Have the BelAir pretty well waxed up, so hopefully she will be easy to clean up after our travels down to Eureka. Now I just have to get her up on the trailer and tied down. Nope no trailer yet, she needs her oils freshened up. Two more days of work and two days of a crazy weekend and hopefully while everyone is enjoying the solar show, we will be screaming across the Idaho/Nevada dessert.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well the time is near. Truck and Trailer are damn near ready for the travels. A bit nervous about spending the night in Reno with the BelAir sitting on a flat bed trailer out in the open. Have the BelAir pretty well waxed up, so hopefully she will be easy to clean up after our travels down to Eureka. Now I just have to get her up on the trailer and tied down. Nope no trailer yet, she needs her oils freshened up. Two more days of work and two days of a crazy weekend and hopefully while everyone is enjoying the solar show, we will be screaming across the Idaho/Nevada dessert.
Have a safe trip!!!!!!
If you have chain tiedowns.......loop a big padlock thru 2 loops where the chain can not be removed.

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
I am getting anxious. I finally got my engine issues figured out and I am ready to go. I may have to change the chassis batteries in the motorhome but other than that I am ready.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Paul, do you know for sure that there will be gas available at the track? I'd rather not haul it if possible.

Nutts62

Thanks phil I have some logging chains and some big old skool locks hopefully the combination of the two will work. How many straps do I need to secure the car on trailer. I don't have a shortage of straps. I think I have found the four main straps and the straps that go around the axle tubes. So two front and two back maybe more? Not sure what these cars weigh but trailer tires should I just blow up to max? Or a few pounds under? It will be awesome to put a face to all y'all in the group.

Nutts62

Lock and chain combos look good. Those are the main straps I found that look like they are presetup.

Attachments

• IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1864.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1865.JPG
    IMG_1865.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You all have fun next weekend. Real shame i couldn't be there.
Thanks to Dave for saving some posters for me, which will be up in my shed soon.

Safe travels to all and have a whole bunch of fun. :burnout:drive

Gav

Nutts62

Awesome thanks Paul. Yes straps crossed. I'm about ready to land it on the trailer. Just need burn some gas through her, change up her oil.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
when loading the Belair have the front of the trailer up a little higher than the rear so the front of the mufflers dont hit when loading the car, a few times we would load the Belair onto trailer hooked to my truck then transfer to his Motorhome, Pat

Nutts62

when loading the Belair have the front of the trailer up a little higher than the rear so the front of the mufflers dont hit when loading the car, a few times we would load the Belair onto trailer hooked to my truck then transfer to his Motorhome, Pat

Will keep an eye on those muffler tips hopefully my truck is high enuff. I am just hoping the car is heavy enuff to get me down into my overload springs. Will be a sweet ride then.