2017 West Coast 348-409 Reunion/Shootout

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I am going to try to get to the track as early as possible Friday and drop stuff off. Knowing how things work around my house, that will be mid-afternoon.
That there is travelling with family!!!!!! Great post and offer Joel.
Safe travels!!!
Hey Phil, are you considering putting in a guest appearance this year?

Nutts62

Joel, thanks for the info. Just what I was looking for. We will be in Reno area on the that Monday and in Eureka by Tuesday. I wanted to get in early and enjoy some sand and sun and take in the area before the big event swings in full force. I am guessing after the Eureka adventure we will be heading back the Reno route for the return.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Phil, are you considering putting in a guest appearance this year?
Sorry.....not going to happen this year. Still spending 5-6 days a week helping with my sister's care in the nursing home. Candy and I had planned to attend a West coast and an East coast event this year. Hoping for that and Oak Island next summer.
Thanks for thinking of me. Have fun, be safe and may all your ET's be new records!!!!

Woody62

Well Known Member
I
Announcing the 2017 West Coast 348-409 Reunion/Shootout. It take place August 26 & 27, 2017 at Samoa Dragstrip in Eureka, California.
Come join us in the warm California sunshine and cool ocean breezes at Samoa Dragstrip. There is plenty of lodging available in Eureka and dry camping in your RV at the track.

If you plan on attending please let me know.

Paul "Garbageman" Carbaugh
s this for real? Wondering if this is an all day event if 409's thentrack schedule says otherwise. Would love to go to this as I am new to the game. Any responses would be appreciated

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Yes this is for real. Our event is part of Samoa Dragstrip's Nostalgia weekend. There is a car show at the track Friday evening, Saturday we will have our race with trophies and Sunday we can stay a participate in their racing schedule. It would be great to have you join us and meet the gang from the West.

Paul

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Which reminds me that's another change/fix on the posters. I guess I just assumed our event was Sunday as in the past.

So...fix Bill Nuttall's name, change date to August 26...

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Corrected posters are done, I will bring them with me. Unfortunately, I don't have a digital copy to post or distribute, but I can send hard copies if needed.

Nutts62

I would be interested in a few hard copies, I can get it turned into ones and zeros and then into a readable digital format.

Nutts62

I would be interested in some hard copies ahead of time. I can turn them into a digital format quite easily. Send me an email and I will send you my address, and let me know what I owe you for shipping fees.
nuttall71@gmail.com

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm going to re-visit the printers tomorrow and try to get the pdf file. They just forgot to put it on my flash drive, hopefully. If that doesn't work, I will forward some hard copies to you ASAP.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Here is the updated version in the largest format I could attach. PM me an email, anyone that would like larger format files for reprinting.

Attachments

• pdfresizer.com_2017-07-15-01-03.pdf
    91.7 KB · Views: 0

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Can we a count of the people who will be attending the event. I have counted up a dozen. I spoke with Butch Schultz this morning and he will be attending with his ole 9 Iron the fleetmaster.
Thanks everyone.
Paul

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
19989707_10212800172096264_3384513604162625550_n.jpg

Attachments

• WestCoast409.jpg
    WestCoast409.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Nice job Dave. Count me in. I should be there. My car is still in the shop & can't figure out what is the problem. It keeps overloading. We redid the carbs still not any better. Had to replace my valve springs, some of them were on the low side. That should not affect the overloading. Compression is good. New 6 AL box, electronics seem good. Will get it running again this week & see if we can find out what is wrong. Might put on my old set of Carter AFB's & see it they work. If that doesn't work will just keep plugging away. See you in August.

Joel