Gas Prices

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Some of them did, depending on who worked on them!

I have always told people, there are two kinds of Harley owners. The ones that think they are mechanics, and the ones that are. With the older bikes, I would tell them that if you build it properly, you will still have an occasional issue. If you build them like the persons that think they are mechanics, you will always have an issue. Pretty much since the Evolution, they stay together on their own. And with all the bad mouthing, ( I did it too ) about AMF, they with Porsche, started that engine that helped Harley survive.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I went to visit my brother in Colorado one year. I took his bike out for ride. I said what happened to the license plate and frame. He said I was going down the highway and it fell off :laugh2 That was just the beginning :confused

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I have always told people, there are two kinds of Harley owners. The ones that think they are mechanics, and the ones that are. With the older bikes, I would tell them that if you build it properly, you will still have an occasional issue. If you build them like the persons that think they are mechanics, you will always have an issue. Pretty much since the Evolution, they stay together on their own. And with all the bad mouthing, ( I did it too ) about AMF, they with Porsche, started that engine that helped Harley survive.
No matter how bad AMF was the simple fact is Harley Davidson would not be here today if it wern't for them buying Harley.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yes there was always two kinds of Harley owners, the less than desirable ones had a tool collection that consisted of a BFH. a pipe wrench, some vice grips and a few screw drivers, Lol.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
A grade up were the ones that had bailing wire, hose clamps and eventually zip ties. We ALL carried old spark plugs and big washers in our pockets, too. Any guesses on what they were for??

They were in my coat pocket to toss at the m'fer that just tried to kill me???????

Riding days are over here. Sold the wife'sKnuck2.jpg other Fat Boy 6 weeks ago and my 05 E-glide classic went last weekend. Next on the list is the Knuck. Don't like things setting around than I probably won't use much.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I had a guy pull out in front of me probably 20 years ago when I was headed through town from my in laws. I had to lock up the brakes on the Knuck to keep from hitting him. It was dark, my light was on, and I was going the 45 mph speed limit, so no excuse.............That guy made 2 mistakes that night, one was pulling out in front of me like that, and the second was stopping at the next light with his window rolled down. When he stopped at the next light I pulled up beside him, the Knuck fell on the ground, and I reached in, grabbed him by the shirt, and gave him a couple of Motorcycle Rider Awareness Lessons........:punch2:punch2 the bike was still running, so off I went.

Another time I had a guy swerve at me on a 2 lane long county bridge on purpose. I had nowhere to go and couldn't get out the plug from my pocket as I was $hitting bricks. Couldn't catch that one.

Last edited: