Big Day and Big Box

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The Snap On dealer I dealt with when I worked in shop, was a great guy to deal with. He is long since retired. One nice thing about Snap On, is they have been great to deal with when I have a broken wrench or socket. Just an email and a replacement is shipped right out. I don’t think I even had to send a picture of the broken tool.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have had Craftsman, Mac and Matco boxes. And I would say yes the Matco boxes were much nicer than the Snap On. Now I compare this to the boxes that didn't have the roller slides. We had all three dealers at one time and bought from all of them for certain tools. The wrenches and sockets Snap On hands down for me. Never cared for a Snap On ratchet.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Pretty much all Snap On sockets.
View attachment 132509
Looks like my amount also. I was thinking about to sell some metric snap on stubby wrenches complete set on local nextech and put on price at half price and a guy saying I was too high.The 10 mm wrench about only one really used . He said I can go to Denver swap meets and get cheaper. I said you better go buy them. I soon discovered I am not going to lose that kind of money on wrenches. My son will inherit all tools and boxes when I kick that bucket and if he wants to share some with his brother in laws that's his decision since he has plenty of his own. I see all kinds of retired guys trying to sell their tools and not moving good except garage sales that are cheap mismatched missing junk lol.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like my amount also. I was thinking about to sell some metric snap on stubby wrenches complete set on local nextech and put on price at half price and a guy saying I was too high.The 10 mm wrench about only one really used . He said I can go to Denver swap meets and get cheaper. I said you better go buy them. I soon discovered I am not going to lose that kind of money on wrenches. My son will inherit all tools and boxes when I kick that bucket and if he wants to share some with his brother in laws that's his decision since he has plenty of his own. I see all kinds of retired guys trying to sell their tools and not moving good except garage sales that are cheap mismatched missing junk lol.
Never sell tools :doh At least that is my opinion. I always feel if I have tools, I can always make money.