1961 Chevrolet Parkwood "OLD GOLD" 108k original miles

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
10-22-10

Old Gold on display in Davie, Florida at Tower Shops Cruise Night. Photos courtesy of ShutterBox Photography.

og.jpg

og1.jpg

og2.jpg

og3.jpg

og4.jpg

og5.jpg

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Nice,:cool:
I sure wish we were able to do that up north here this time of year

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:D Really looks great in that light and your interior mood lighted. Bye the way are you going to Daytona on Thanksgiving weekend?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Seth, Old Gold is looken good....:clap:clap:clap Love those mats... Might have to spring for the singles....:deal

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
The interior turned out great, Seth.:clap:clap I thought, you had a gold carpet? :? And yea, where did you get those floor mats?:clap:clap:clap

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
The interior turned out great, Seth.:clap:clap I thought, you had a gold carpet? :? And yea, where did you get those floor mats?:clap

Thanks Skip! Its fawn color by ACC, and I bought the mats directly from Classic Industries in California.

Just finish installing my Billet Specialties pedals to compliment the interior. I still have the clear protective vacuum wrap still on the pedals. :cool:

Sorry for the mess on the carpet, I had not vac'd it up yet! :roll
Photo0617.jpg

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:crazy Very nice,Seth,looking really good,but if you keep adding weight and bling to that thing,we're going to have to start looking at buiding a blower motor to pull the car around with some authority:roll Perhaps a low compression,stroked 348,with a small Procharger on it:eek::cheers

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
:crazy Very nice,Seth,looking really good,but if you keep adding weight and bling to that thing,we're going to have to start looking at buiding a blower motor to pull the car around with some authority:roll Perhaps a low compression,stroked 348,with a small Procharger on it:eek::cheers
:roll :roll I know right? Thanks Don! :crazy

Seth, does the billet gas pedal bolt into the holes the ball studs normally screw into? Durg.

Whats up buddy? The gas pedal is rather simple, the ball studs will need to be removed and you drop in (2) of the supplied 1/4-20 x 2" alan head bolts and fasten it underneath with nylocs or crush nuts. :yawn:

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
ditto, but i am the one that does not like chrome esp on engines. jim

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
On my way home from a show this past Friday I ran into a little setback with fuel delivery. At first, I thought the fuel filter was clogged or possibly the fuel pump was giving out, so I went ahead and inspected the fuel filter and all was free of debris and clean. Next step was purchasing a brandnew Holley mechanical fuel pump and this did not rectify the problem, then I began to think it was a vapor lock, but vapor locks do not typically happen while the car is moving and on the highway.

My problem clearly, Old Gold is starving for fuel and she bogs out at 40 to 45 mph. So, I installed an electric fuel pump, bypassed the Holley, placed a regulator and gauge inline and concluded it is a faulty sending unit. The car runs fine at idle regulated at 5psi even had it up to 7.5 psi, but once I hit the throttle and get the RPMs up the 7.5 psi quickly dips all the way down to measly 1psi. The sock must be clogged or completely corroded since it's almost 50 years of age. :doh

Thanks to Jody Anderson, he went ahead and sent me a new Station Wagon sending unit to get Old Gold road worthy for Daytona next week. :clap I guess it's better that this happened now then on my way up to the show. :)