'58 Build

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Exciting times, looks great.
First time doing any kind of project of this depth. I really am excited. Just gotta keep it contained and understand I have a long road to go. This is nothing like the Chevelle I had, where I just upgraded it slowly and drove it in between stages...engine, suspension, interior...etc. etc. This is annoying in the fact I can't drive it for years. Thanks for the positive comments, guys.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
IMG_4217.JPG IMG_4216.JPG IMG_4217.JPG Looking good Josh she is coming along pretty quickly for all the work that has been done so far. Just curious has the builder been able to stay close to his original estimate he gave you?

Chris

Mine has been brought to a snails pace due to unforeseen circumstances but baby steps keep things sorta moving.

Attachments

• IMG_4218.JPG
    IMG_4218.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
View attachment 49301 View attachment 49302 View attachment 49301 Looking good Josh she is coming along pretty quickly for all the work that has been done so far. Just curious has the builder been able to stay close to his original estimate he gave you?

Chris

Mine has been brought to a snails pace due to unforeseen circumstances but baby steps keep things sorta moving.
He actually came in just under his initial "guesstimate". I've actually had him do more than originally planned, as this thing kind of took on a life of its own with the modifications to the frame and under body. He's done a great job, and they work fast.

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Josh

It's looking really good have you picked a color yet for the body or staying black ?

Chris
The wife and I have had a few conversations and we keep coming back to black. A Brandywine type of red was also under consideration also...but I'm guessing it'll be black. I definitely have some time to think about it.
I'm sorry to hear that there are circumstances slowing progress for you right now. It looked like it was moving along nicely. I'm about to go into a few months hibernation on mine. Cost adds up quick on these things, but I feel like I'm a year ahead of where I had planned to be.

Josh

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Looks GREAT Dicey!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can be PROUD!!!!!!!!!!
Black is BEAUTIFDUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JMHO!!!!!!!