'61 Biscayne Stroked 348/440c.i. My First Restoration

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I cut a piece of plexi glass for the fuel pump access. Might move one of the lights I added before the paneling under the pump. Not sure if I want to hide the amps or mount them to the back panel. I plan to have two of the 8" subs showing on the sides. These little things are monsters. Nothing like the Pyle Driver 8" subs we use to get.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Does anyone know anything about making your own window channels?
If I can't find any good ones I might have to make some.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Are you talking about the channels that the glass sets in or the "fuzzies" that the glass rides into? If it is the fuzzies, then large glass shops will have catalogs where you can all different sizes in 5-6' lengths and you can make your own.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Are you talking about the channels that the glass sets in or the "fuzzies" that the glass rides into? If it is the fuzzies, then large glass shops will have catalogs where you can all different sizes in 5-6' lengths and you can make your own.

I'm talking about the channel the glass rides in. I found some for the doors as they are the same as the 62.
I can not find the quarter glass channel though. I was told by a guy at Auto City Glass some guys are buying channel and making their own by spot welding them to the good parts.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Go to a glass shop.....there are 100's of width, depth, fuzz thickness, with or without stainless trim. If you get a used piece out of another 61..that would be great for a sample to match too.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I was thinking he is wanting the metal track that the window moves through and would hold the channel fuzz's.