62 409 4 Speed

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought Gavs car was a 62' Impala and I don't think the drip rails are reproduced. I have a good 62' Olds Starlite top.
Gav, Classic industries sell the metal drip rail's part number R1795 for $144.99 both side's. They also have the chrome rail's that snap on to those also if you need them ,but your old one's can be buffed out if they are not damaged.
Thanks guys, yes Dan its a 62.
Yes saw the drip rails at Claasic the other day and also saw that Show Cars list them as well.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
so this weekend has been a fairly productive weekend. Work had slowed up a bit on the 62 due to work commitments and I also had to lay some extra concrete out front of the garage so it was long enough to the full length of the car on and now I will be able to set my sand blast set-up on to start sand blasting the chassis hopefully next week.
So now have the body of the chassis today and all but set-up on the home made rotisserie.

Gav

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 109

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The car looks very solid, nice 59 wagon too.

Don
Hey Don,
have a bit of work to do with floors, around the rear wheel arches and the roof line, but could be a lot worse.
Yeah the wagon is a real cool go to car, used as my parts collection car and aiming to put a towbar on it soon. Only has a 283 but does the job for now.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Current update, chassis is now ready for blaster and weather permitting will be on to it this weekend.
I did a wee bit of blasting on it this weekend and the section I did, which was on the LH rear I came across a stamping!:rub
Can anyone advise what it is related? Is it just a chassis number or can this be a tie in with motor ID? Best I can make out the 4th digit is a 6
upload_2014-11-24_21-8-13.jpeg

Thanks

Gav

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks Phil, didn't even give that a thought to check that.

Geeeezzzz Gav,
That is what Phil is here for, too keep us yungins on the correct path

Got a rear end to blast when your ready Lol (Butch, Dan, Ray, Phil that is the rear end of a car not my rear that im talking about):D

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Yup...

Okay Steve do you have a vin # stamped on your rear end...:laugh

Dan, Not Stamped
Might be a tattoo,
foot prints starting at my hip and getting progressively smaller as they disappear up my A$$:roll
Only kidding, not into anyone shoving little sharp things into me around my Butt:scared

Steve

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Two places Steve.....top of the frame right under the driver's floor pan and then on the top of the frame between the rear wheel well and the back of the frame. Not sure what year it started.