62 biscayne 409 project

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
We made a wood spacer about 1 1/2" thick for one of Mike's cars. Painted it black so it blends in with the boot.
If it were my car I would prefer using the boot shown ( james boot) and you could fab a metal riser and lower the handle in combo together and if enough carpeting left over to wrap the riser . More time involved but more like original.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I looked up a riser tower for a 4 speed pontiac ,I could not get picture , but it is contoured to tunnel and level on top . Only problem it was $160.00 . It could be made.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Really like this 62, white and aqua. Floor pan install looks mint:good Very nice. If the guys on this board twist my arm enough I might sell a 63 post or two...God knows I should. It's so hard to let go though.:cryblow
4705766B-9E1C-4E82-B261-3FBF1DC975FC.jpeg
Well your arm, it’s been twisted Kevin Thanks!!!!! :dance:happy

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Which one did you buy?:D
The one on the front row far right Belair with a quarter glass missing. But there is a quarter glass for it! When the weather clears up I’ll fetch it. Road Trip it’ll make a real nice cruiser driver with a 409 four-speed in it that I already have. It has a little rust on the bottom of the fenders and the quarters. But the frame and trunk and floors are not rusted GONE.:facepalm Perfect for my needs. At least it hasn’t seen the salt in Missouri.:confused The right front frame horn is bent a little but could probably be fixed if not I have a solid frame available. I will definitely make it mine! Besides when James starts on his 63 A Second one doesn’t make it any harder.:cool:

Joey, might be looking for some parts:browYou know seeing your progress on your car and your accomplices caused this affect on me, but I’m not complaining!:D Thinking about a mount for the wall of what’s left of the rabbit, and a picture of the cat that destroyed it...:confused

Attachments

• 34D8CAC9-9861-4E55-AF76-731EE706500E.jpeg
    34D8CAC9-9861-4E55-AF76-731EE706500E.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The one on the front row far right Belair with a quarter glass missing. But there is a quarter glass for it! When the weather clears up I’ll fetch it. Road Trip it’ll make a real nice cruiser driver with a 409 four-speed in it that I already have. It has a little rust on the bottom of the fenders and the quarters. But the frame and trunk and floors are not rusted GONE.:facepalm Perfect for my needs. At least it hasn’t seen the salt in Missouri.:confused The right front frame horn is bent a little but could probably be fixed if not I have a solid frame available. I will definitely make it mine! Besides when James starts on his 63 A Second one doesn’t make it any harder.:cool:

Joey, might be looking for some parts:brow
:appl:appl:good Another 409 on the streets of Missouri!!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5

Joey, might be looking for some parts:browYou know seeing your progress on your car and your accomplices caused this affect on me, but I’m not complaining!:D
You say the trunk floor is gone? Maybe i misundetstood ?? Do you have picturesor buy it unseen???