62 Impala rustoration: We're going to try and save another one

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I just put two longer bolts as big as you can in the holes about a good inch long in the forward mounting holes then put two nuts on those bolts have flats together when tightened , then place those two bolt nut combination in the vise and tighten vice . When done simply loosen vice and I put it in deep lower draw on tool box. Handle has a single bolt holding it on . It makes quick work cutting sheet metal.

Last edited:

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I just put two longer bolts as big as you can in the holes about a good inch long in the forward mounting holes then put two nuts on those bolts have flats together when tightened , then place those two bolt nut combination in the vise and tighten vice . When done simply loosen vice and I put it in deep lower draw on tool box. Handle has a single bolt holding it on . It makes quick work cutting sheet metal.
Then I'd have to get another tool box that has an empty drawer. :D

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
You guys are talking my right into getting a new sheer, not that it was too hard to do.
You will like it . I have the one that you can cut curves , not just straight lines. The base on mine is like only about 5 to 6 inches wide and that is why I can mount in my vice by the two forward mounting holes.when I pull pressure is to the rear bolts clamped in vice.