62 Impala SS Bubbletop Re-Restoration

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
PS: Been talkin' about ya. Not necessarily a pretty sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll:roll:roll[/QUOTE]

Did someone really cut loose or what? When are we gonna see some pictures? Or is this a "what happens in Dallas stays in Dallas deal?" ;)

Skim

Well Known Member
Thanks Guys! Had a great time at the show.

Met all kinds of great people, saw some pretty awesome cars and forgot my camera! Roger and Phil had their cameras and Phil will probably post some incriminating photos of me....

Timje to order some more parts and start saving up for a custom interior.... I realized that I'm too "Street" for a Modified class.

And I forgot to bring my camera too.

Everything top notch out there had air ride too...:D

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Guys! Had a great time at the show.

Met all kinds of great people, saw some pretty awesome cars and forgot my camera! Roger and Phil had their cameras and Phil will probably post some incriminating photos of me....

Timje to order some more parts and start saving up for a custom interior.... I realized that I'm too "Street" for a Modified class.

I'll try to load some pictures of Brians car tomorrow from Thompson but can guarantee they won't do it justice. It is awesome. I also think that interior you have is perfect.

See, I can be nice.

But, then again, can the pictures from the chevy show be as incriminating as those sure to come out of the darkroom from Thompson??:roll:roll:roll

Hope you guys get back safely
Ray

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here are some pics of the finished product..well it's finished for the time being.....

brian3.jpg

weds212.jpg

Here is a pic of the 14" Wilwood disc brakes with 6 piston calipers on the front.

DSCN5712.jpg

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Brian...........

VERY NICE !! :beerbang

Since Mike and Phil started picking "favourite" pictures...I would also have to agree on the burnout shot...but I also like the last picture with the side-rear view.

So...BT 409 ....great "double up" on the initials and the roofline !! :deal

P.S. What kind of camera and image setting are you using ???

Ron

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
As some of you know, my car got damaged during a storm while at the Thompson event. The night before leaving, my car was on my trailer and an E-Z-Up Canopy and the wind decided that my car should be covered. I woke up to a loud crashing noise about 3:00 am, looked out the window and there I saw the canopy perfectly positioned over my car. I went outside, knowing it got messed up, and of course it did. Both sides of the car go pretty scratched/gouged up.

I took it to a friend's body shop to fix it for me since I didn't have the room or time to do it myself. Here are some pics of the repair so far. Both sides of the car will get a full re-paint

DSC_0515Custom.jpg

DSC_0516Custom.jpg

DSC_0510Custom.jpg

I wanted to re-align the body on the frame because the hood started to hit the inside of the fender and the trunk gaps started to close up. Well, when we loosened the body bolts, this was the outcome....so we had to fix it as well.

DSC_0511Custom.jpg

DSC_0512Custom.jpg

DSC_0513Custom.jpg

DSC_0525Custom.jpg

DSC_0527Custom.jpg