62 Impala SS Bubbletop Re-Restoration

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I have been trying to do some planning on the dick & robert texas road trip show and I'm thinking the 2nd or 3rd week of Jan. I would love to try it before Christmas but I know it won't work. This will give everyone a chance to sell Dick a car so I have ballast on the way back. How does those times sound.
robert

classic62

hey Brian..Gavin here from australia..just wanted to say hi,i saw ure pics and articles and it made me feel sick to see what had happened to you..looks like ure on the up n up,,good to see,hope it all goes back together well for you,good luck and i will keep an interested eye on ure progress....it will be a fantastic classic again soon..Gav.

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
hey Brian..Gavin here from australia..just wanted to say hi,i saw ure pics and articles and it made me feel sick to see what had happened to you..looks like ure on the up n up,,good to see,hope it all goes back together well for you,good luck and i will keep an interested eye on ure progress....it will be a fantastic classic again soon..Gav.

Thanks Gav! I lost motivation for a while, but am going to start back on it very soon. I've got all of the parts to put it back together, just need to get it done now.

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Christmas is getting pretty close......... I think that's a little unrealistic........ How about February ??????

Dave:)

gabriel-cestaro

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
brian you can make a road trip to charlotte and bring me a check and have one done and if you want just change out engine if you would like ???????????????????????????????????

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Come on now Brian.......... I think there's a lot to be done before you need the engine...... don't be blaming Ronnie !!!!

Dave

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Anything that good is worth waiting for..........

Come on Ronnie, are you going to take that ??????

:roll:roll:roll

Dave

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I wasn't blaming Ronnie for taking long at all. The machine shop is the hold up. I was stating that the engine won't do me any good to be done if the car is not done. Now if the car gets done before the engine, then I will be blaming Ronnie!!! :roll:roll:roll

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
One would think that one would recieve a little leeway , especially when labor charges are 15 cents per hour. I'm too old to speed things up. Guess I must drop fee to 5 cents per hour . I want everyone to be happy. :):)

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ronnie...... you've got it all wrong :doh........

your original rate of $.15 per hour is fine if you're happy with that........ but when anyone starts complaining it should go to $.30 per hour...... not $.05 :nono1::takethat

and with every complaint your rate should at least double. :cheers

Dave

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Brian's 49 road trip to Texas schedule

I am trying to get a schedule together for the Texas road trip. I have a court hearing Jan 8th and should be over Monday. I would like to leave towards the end of that week or the end of the next week without other problems and hoping to be at your area Friday night or first thing Sat morning. I hope to be able to go down to Virginia to pick up your truck earlier in the week and be loaded ready to go.(That's if I don't need a lowboy to take an excavator down to drag it out of the pasture:roll)
That should leave time in Texas to pick up Dick's purchase and see the Texas facilities. Sound like a plan:scratch
robert