A Day In The Office

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So James, tell us how your snowplow worked out for your suburban? I know you were talking about being nice and warm while you were blading how did it work?:rollOr is it too cold to leave your little space heater?:laugh2:laugh:roll
I put my heavy gloves on my coveralls on and my four wheeler and blade worked fantastic! Less than 30 minutes and I was done. Went over the neighbors and did his in about 10 minutes. He sure did appreciate it!D281B1BF-EFB4-4F5C-B3EF-DB4AD0008F61.jpegF370BB35-D0D9-4D06-8A80-FF97D1ABAD3D.jpeg

Last edited:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
You can stop by 3500 Scott Boulevard any time with that setup :).

I spent a few hours these past few days with a commercial snow blower. I measured about 50,000 square feet of snow moved a few feet at a time :).

It was cold (near zero) but the Sun was out, so that made it bearable. Fun, eh?

TomK

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tom K. I have an older diesel grasshopper mower with a snowblower attachment. That unit will move a lot of snow if it's less than ten inches deep.
For the 4 foot or deeper drifts we get here there is a snowblower with two 4 foot fans. Works ok if you got 180 hp tractor on it.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have had a Massey Ferguson four-wheel-drive with a blade and loader, I’ve also had a Kabota with a blade and loader. This Polaris four-wheel-drive 500 mL with a super winch on the front and a 4 foot blade will move more snow than both those running wide-open together! The only downfall is there’s no cab. I have a buddy who has a Polaris ranger with a cab that Has a 4 foot blade on his. Only problem is his vision is a little blocked. If I would’ve had this set up when I was a teenager I could’ve bought a brand new car and paid cash for it in one winter!:danceJames, better get that blade on! More snow tomorrow!!!

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
James I know we got another 3 inches of snow today, I hope you can get out because my new Calvert split mono leave springs will be here for my Nova Friday or Saturday. Weather supposed to be in the 40s this weekend! Hope you can get out of your driveway when I get ready to install these bad boys in the Beater Nova!:dance I’m sure I will need a little supervising, the good news is when I put the cal tracs on I put all new hardware and everything and then so it should be easy to get a part. I also got stock ride height springs.:woohoo

Last edited:

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
You can stop by 3500 Scott Boulevard any time with that setup :).

I spent a few hours these past few days with a commercial snow blower. I measured about 50,000 square feet of snow moved a few feet at a time :).

It was cold (near zero) but the Sun was out, so that made it bearable. Fun, eh?

TomK
You need you an old gravely. I've blown snow on top of my roof before with these things, complete animals but don't let your animal get caught in it there's a reason they call them a dog eater.