Adjustable upper control arms

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I find the ET calculator on this site pretty accurate for my car. You just input your ET and it calculates what the rest of your time slip should look like... http://www.wallaceracing.com/etcalc.php
It's not perfectly accurate for every car though because cars with standard transmissions should run a few mph faster than it predicts due to less drivetrain horsepower loss. And I think a light car that runs eleven flat will have a 60" time that's quicker than a heavy car running eleven flat.:scratch

Thanks Jim. :cheers

hogmotors

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Ah yes, I would fit into the lower powered car, Still shooting for a real quick street strip stock stroke 409.

I got that Ray!! Anyway, it WAS NOT my original idea-it was Donnie's.(OK, I'm a copycat but why not?). I think a 9.97 @ 138 w/430ci qualifies as FAST!! He ran that @ KCIR in 97 I believe.

Hey, whatever we can use to make these ole guys quicker, I'm all for! FUN is the name of the game!

hogmotors

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Duh!!! I had only read to 4 when I made the above SA comments. LOTS of GREAT info here-over MY head.
FYI: My car is 3950 plus or minus(go figure-depends on which track)w/me. 60' are usually low 1.50's which I thought was OK until Paul Forte'(Turbo Action) told me they ought to be 1.40's to match the rest of the car. Oh well.
NMCA won't let us run a brake. I run a 12 bolt, 5.13, w/5500 stall converter but I rarely see 5500 on the flash-this cam is pretty dormant til 6500. I need more guts but since it's sitting on top of the index, I'd hafta move .5sec which is HARD!

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
To all,
On Wully Bully, we lowered the front lower mounts, so that the lower arms are essentially level. We also have upper frame brackets that have multiple holes. On the rear-end housing, we have stock location holes, and holes further up. All of these locations we have plotted into a great computer program I bought, which plots out the instant center. We ran Wully Bully for years, with very poor consistency on 60' times before we knew about and bought this program. After learning what we did wrong, we re-engineered the suspension as described above, and now produce consistent 60' times of 1.40-1.42, on 10.5" tires. I have used this same program to offer advice to Carl's set-up on Wully Bully II, which does 60' times of 1.29-1.32, and also Ray (Dynoray) and Aubrey. I will be glad to offer any insight to others, but it takes me time to do it. As far as pinion angle, exactly as Fatride said, you only want enough to equal the movement (twisting) of the rear on launch, so that it equals 0 degrees. We run more in Wully Bully than in Wully Bully II, because II has a more modern four link, that allows less twisting of the rear housing.

Steve,

You mentioned a computer program that you purchased to determine the instant center.

What program are you refering to?

Do you have a link for it?

Thanks,
Mike