Blue Suede Cruise.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
A PM from Steve Wully Bully

Norwalk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim,
Just FYI, Allen George (Bluescreamer) and Ray Lehberger (Dynoray) are also coming. They will be traveling with us, we have their hotel rooms booked. I thought they would have stated it publically on the forum, after my post, but as of yet, they didn't. I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag, just wanted you to know for your count.
Steven
P.S. CCChris is also coming with us, he is Carl's right hand man.
Best 60' 1.408
Weighs 3750 lbs with driver

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Blue Suede Cruise update

I'm adding 2 more members,next to the National Convention that Phil Reed put on,this has to 2nd largest event that our club has had :dunno We have 18 409 Powered cars,1 348 powered and 1 327 powered cars :D This Thread has to be the Largest Thread the fourm has had 200 replies and 8,232 views :doh

1.Fatride--1960 Chevy 409
2.Tom Kochtanek--1962 Chevy 409
3.rstreet--1961 Chevy 348
4.Jim Kwi--1957 Chevy 409
5.walkerheaders--1963 Chevy 409
6.chevymusclecars--????
7.Region Rat--1963 Chevy 409
8.Astro409 ???
9.Dond409--1962 Chevy 409
10.jim ss409--1955 Chevy 409
11.Quickshift409--1962 Chevy 409
12.Toms63SSQB--1963 Chevy 409
13.jimmy--????
14.DIV1RACER-2---1962 Chevy 409
15.Phil Reed--Harleys
16.Ronnie Russell--????
17.Dick MacKenzie--1962 Chevy 300/327 the 409 is on the engine stand
18.Tim Cornett--1962 Chevy 409
19.way2lo2 ????
20.Bomar ????
21.RPO587 ????
22.tripowerguy ???
23.Gerry--1961 Chevy 409
24.Steve Wully Bully I--1962 Chevy 409
25.Carl Wully Bully II--1962 Chevy 409
26.b-d409 & Dad--1962 Chevy 409
27.jr.W & Dad--- ??
28.Gearhead & Bonnie Sat,no 409
29.Bluescreamer--409
30.Dynoray--409

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Jim: I thought this post was getting kind of large. Just thinking if anyone knows where Denis is? I haven't seen anything from him in awhile and we all know he can cause a post to be lenghty:roll :roll :roll
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
:cry I gotta move closer,,:beerbang

I know what you mean. I would have enjoyed going to that west coast event you had in the washington area last year I think it was. The scenery and show setting looked great near a river or the pacific.
For our "get together" this year I would tow to phil's back yard if we had it there even though he is another day of towing from here compared to Norwalk.(might do it anyway:roll it would be like one of the chevy chase movies, could you picture phil waking up one morning and us eastern shore boys myself,MacKenzie and PaintJohn1 are on his lawn!)
Robert

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
:cry I gotta move closer,,:beerbang

Buy the mansion next door to Ronnie Russel. It comes with 30 acres and is reasonably priced at $300,000. That would put you closer to the center of the nation!!

it would be like one of the chevy chase movies, could you picture phil waking up one morning and us eastern shore boys myself,MacKenzie and PaintJohn1 are on his lawn!)
Robert

You are all welcome anytime!!!! Don't know if you could all get your trailers in my back yard but we would find somewhere for you to park!!! Then we could all go get some world famous KC bar-b-que!!!!!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Buy the mansion next door to Ronnie Russel. It comes with 30 acres and is reasonably priced at $300,000. That would put you closer to the center of the nation!!

Send pictures !!!

Really,, 30 acres at $300,000 ????
I`m packing as we speak !!!:brow

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
dq, Send deposit and I'll get the ball rolling. 2 pics. taken from front porch. 20 acres in front section to the highway. 13 acre lake full of fisheys. Damn good neighbor to do your dirty work. ( free ) Welcome to the ' hood.

Attachments

• DSCF0524.jpg
    DSCF0524.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0525.jpg
    DSCF0525.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0526.jpg
    DSCF0526.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF0527.jpg
    DSCF0527.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF0528.jpg
    DSCF0528.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 47

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
dq, Send deposit and I'll get the ball rolling. 2 pics. taken from front porch. 20 acres in front section to the highway. 13 acre lake full of fisheys. Damn good neighbor to do your dirty work. ( free ) Welcome to the ' hood.

The hell with the crib,,,,,,,,where's the garage?????:dunno

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry Ray, It started to rain, so I ran. Garage is conventional 2 1/2 car. Nothing special. dq will have to build a shop. :)

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My aplogies to Jim Kwi for de-railing this thread. Sorry Jim. No more real-estate ads. Back to NORWALK !!!! Looking forward to July. :) :)

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Pitching a tent on blacktop!

I was talking with Robert, aka rstreet, my plan is to park my car in the pit area party hardy, then retire to the camping area (grass) to sack out. Does this sound like a plan?? :dunno

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Grassy area to pitch a tent

I was talking with Robert, aka rstreet, my plan is to park my car in the pit area party hardy, then retire to the camping area (grass) to sack out. Does this sound like a plan?? :dunno

Ray,I sent Pete a email about us tent pitching members on grass,here's the email Pete sent back to me

Hi Jim,

We've never sold out all of the tent campsites at Blue Suede, but if it did happen we would simply "over-flow" out to the north on the grass area beyond the campground. Do you have a campsite yet? They are approximately 20x50 and you would have room for more then one tent.
Your group is really turning out for the event! Do the members that are "racing" know that it will be "fun runs" on a track with minimal track prep? I've already talked with a couple of members with fast cars and they are planning to hook-up with my Nostalgia Super Stock group; in fact, they have run with that group in the past. Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Pete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 5:41 PM
To: pwoodruff@SummitMotorsportsPark.com
Subject: Grassy area to pitch a tent

Hi Pete,
After all the grass camp sites are given out for the Blue Suede Cruise,do you have any sites leftover? I don't know how many are pitching tents,but I do at least 2 so far.We don't need any electric,just a piece of grass for about 4 tents.
We have 30 members attending,18 409 powered cars 11 will be racing and 5of the 409's are 10 sec cars,so things are going well.Thanks Jim Kwiatkowski

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
what changed? is there not grass up to the pit fence like before? or are we parking in a different area? guess i need to read back thru all the posts again. and when is the registration cutoff? my future is so uncertain, i am waiting till i know where i'll be. as it is, i am going to cal. on june 4 for minimum 2 weeks.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
No Grass

what changed? is there not grass up to the pit fence like before? or are we parking in a different area? guess i need to read back thru all the posts again. and when is the registration cutoff? my future is so uncertain, i am waiting till i know where i'll be. as it is, i am going to cal. on june 4 for minimum 2 weeks.

Bob,the pit area is all Asphalt no Grass,the cutoff date for pre-registration is July 16.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
anyone have a link to the cruise info??

yellow wagon,most info you want to know,is in this thread 11 pages.Here's somthing a little shorter.

bluesuedecruise.jpg

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
No Blue Suede Cruise

Hey Jim,

First I would like to say this site and these guys are lucky to have you and your hard work putting this together. I contacted Pete Woodruff and he requested I send him a picture of our dragster, but like I told you guys all those months ago, they do no feel our car fits into the "Blue Suede Cruise" program and will not let us participate. I gotta be honest, I sure wish there was a Clay City this year. I remember back at the 2005 "BS":roll :roll Cruise that a lot of the people with street rods came by and seemed to like the car. Maybe Pete and his gang don't understand the people that attend this event. Anyway, Pete was very nice about it but that is just an awefully long way to go to be a spectator. Thanks again for all your work, Jim.

Tony and Bonnie Salins

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Tony,I tried to talk Pete into letting you bring Red,but I guess it didn't work :dunno .Is your 62 running so you could bring that :dunno

jr.W

Well Known Member
Hi every one I just wanted to ask when most guys planed on racing friday or
saturday? This will determine what time we leave to get to the show.

Thanks jr.W