Blue Suede Cruise.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Blue Suede Hospitality

I contacted Pete Woodruff to make sure I had sent my registration in complete because I had forgotten what his assistant Gretchen had told me a few weeks ago:D The people at the raceway, Pete and Gretchen, have both called to make sure that I have everything and have said to call if I need any information or help. and have ensured that the group will be together. This is a great group of people:clap :clap and I hope alot of members show up even with out a car and let them know they are 348-409 owners
Robert

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
hi, guys. this is jimmy.
i'm excited about going to norwalk again. looking forward to see all my pals mr. ray, mr jim, mr ronnie and my favorite car the region rat and mr.bob. i just hope my dad doesnt have to work in california. i hope we get to go. bye.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Jimmy
The Blue suede Cruise would not be complete without the original members. That would be you "Jimmy" and the rest of the gang that attended the first Norwalk event! Looking forward to seeing you and your Dad. :D

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Finally a day off

Just told me I could have the 27th off from work. I will be leaving for Ohio on the wee hours of the 27th. Taking the wife's Saturn Vue and may sleep in it if the weather is good. Should take me 5 hours to Norwalk, see ya'll there. I will be the short fat bald 50ish guy. Look for me.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I wish this event would get over,,, 250 posted replies,,

Can`t even get 4 or 5 when we talk about an event on the west coast,,:bang :mad:

OK ,,,17:D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I wish this event would get over,,, 250 posted replies,,

Can`t even get 4 or 5 when we talk about an event on the west coast,,:bang :mad:

OK ,,,17:D

And the hard part Jim.....................is you know we'll all be talking about you and you won't be able to defend yourself!!!!:roll :roll :roll Oh well..........I'll stick up for you...don't you worry!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Dick & Bo & Ray: Hey you have described me also so you will know me when I pull in at lunch time Friday!!!!!!!!!
Robert
DQ: I wonder if there is a way a group of you west coasters could get together and come. We would probably recognize you also:roll

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Naw!! dq is a young guy. He probably wouldn't even share a beer with us " pot bellies ". Still looks like the west coast guys could hop on a bargain red-eye plane and share some lies with us. Come on guys,,,,,,,, you only go around once, etc.......... :cheers

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Still looks like the west coast guys could hop on a bargain red-eye plane and share some lies with us. Come on guys,,,,,,,, you only go around once, etc.......... :cheers

We had a sponsor of our soft ball team that sent us to Miami between Christmas and New Years one year to play in a tournament. Out of 250 teams......we were the only English speaking team in the tournament!! Bad choice!!

But............23 of us got on TWA flight here in KC...we probably filled a third of the plane. 2 hours out of KC.............we had bought out the whole bar of the airplane!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers One of my fondest flying memories!! And coming in from the West coast.........you would even have more time in the air to party!!!!

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
And the hard part Jim.....................is you know we'll all be talking about you and you won't be able to defend yourself!!!!:roll :roll :roll Oh well..........I'll stick up for you...don't you worry!!!!

I remember this discussion at someone's tent at the Columbus Hot Rod reunion. We did discuss a certain west coast person who didn't make it:roll
Robert

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well I also have one slight problem,,,,

On that same weekend we at S.E. Portland ABATE put on a 3 day run that attracts about 1500 bikers !!!

Being deeply involved in this I`ll be there a day earlier helping set-up and running security through out the weekend!!

Beer, music, bike games and naked women will keep me busy,,,:D

http://www.abateoforegon-se.org/Runs/Run21home.html

wc chevys

Well Known Member
GOD BLESS AMERICA!! beer,music and naked women.was there ever a final count of members going to norwalk. i'm a new member and no one knows me but it will be cool seeing the cars talked about on this forum.and my brother will be there with FRED'S car:clap :clap :clap

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Blue Suede Cruise update

wc chevys,it's going to be Great to meet you and your brother,and to see Freds old car.Here's a updated list.we have 19 409 powered cars and 1 348

1.Fatride--1960 Chevy 409
2.Tom Kochtanek--1962 Chevy 409
3.rstreet--1961 Chevy 348
4.Jim Kwi--1957 Chevy 409
5.walkerheaders--1963 Chevy 409
6.chevymusclecars--????
7.Region Rat--1963 Chevy 409
8.Astro409 ???
9.Dond409--1962 Chevy 409
10.jim ss409--1955 Chevy 409
11.Quickshift409--1962 Chevy 409
12.Toms63SSQB--1963 Chevy 409
13.jimmy--????
14.DIV1RACER-2---1962 Chevy 409
15.Phil Reed--Harleys
16.Ronnie Russell--????
17.Dick MacKenzie--1962 Chevy 300/327 the 409 is on the engine stand
18.Tim Cornett--1962 Chevy 409
19.way2lo2 ????
20.Bomar ????
21.RPO587 ????
22.tripowerguy ???
23.Gerry--1961 Chevy 409
24.Steve Wully Bully I--1962 Chevy 409
25.Carl Wully Bully II--1962 Chevy 409
26.b-d409 & Dad--1962 Chevy 409
27.jr.W & Dad--- ??
28.Gearhead & Bonnie Sat,no 409
29.Bluescreamer--409
30.Dynoray--409
31.models916
32.wc.chevys & brother--1963 Chevy 409

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Tent Campers

Me and Ray will be pitching tents on the spectators side of the track,because the pit side is all asphalt and we cant pitch a tent there.Is there anyone else staying in a tent,so we can have an idea how many camping spots we need :dunno