Bought a retirement present...........

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Congrats!! Beautiful car should be a nice drive to Bowling Green for you two right???????

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
:bowLove that car!!! Congratulations!!! :clap
A car like that NEVER goes out of style.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Back in the 40's when they started building automatics, an old guy said it was because they were letting women drive now. Phil ain't old enough for 2 pedals.:burnout:drive

Bring the trailer Phil (I assume you have room in the house for it?):
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-halifax/trade/1124021935

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I see now why the patience grasshopper comment

Awesome car Phil, looks gorgeous.

Steve

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
What gear is in that car?
4:11 posi
Congrats!! Beautiful car should be a nice drive to Bowling Green for you two right???????
That's definitely in my mind. Just have to see how it works out with a vacation I promised Candy!!!!
were is the 62 "preacher" wagon?

kevin
The 62 BelAir 380HP 4-speed station wagon left last Mar. Kevin
Nice find Phil, red on red 2 door post, 3 pedals, and a 409. Perfect.

Just add a hitch for hauling the Harley and hit the road?

Don
Got to find another picture Don!!!
Back in the 40's when they started building automatics, an old guy said it was because they were letting women drive now. Phil ain't old enough for 2 pedals.:burnout:drive

Bring the trailer Phil (I assume you have room in the house for it?):
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-halifax/trade/1124021935

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG
I'd love to have an original shovel head!!!! Why don't you buy it and bring it down to KC for me this summer????!!!!!!!!

Well Known Member
Been looking for something to drive to shows and stuff in my retirement. So this came home with me about a week ago!!! Didn't have time to post pictures sooner because that jack wagon was in town for 3 days looking at my Z-11 engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was build by Kenny Reeves, a very dear friend of mine about 15 years ago. In fact, I probably have parts on this car. Then in 2003, Kenny traded this car to another dear friend of mine, Gary Jespersen. If you were at the Convention in 2015, Kenny had the silver/red 62 SS inside the Expo building and Gary had the Prehistoric Rat 62 bubbletop.
A little background.....Kenny bought the car in the southeast corner of Colorado. The car is for all purposes...rust free. It was an old drag race car. Kenny bought a body only on a chassis but it included the ORIGINAL matching numbered 400HP 409 shortblock assembly and ORIGINAL matching numbered T-10!!!!!!!!! Also included, the original 425HP exhaust manifolds and tach and housing!!!! The rearend housing had been replaced with a 1961 housing because it had the drain plug....something racers needed. No front clip, no seats......just a body shell. The red interior that Kenny found is mostly original. He found some NOS cloth seat inserts but I believe the vinyl is all original. I know the door panels are original.
It's a frame-on restoration which I wanted!!! This will be a car that Candy and I just get in and drive. I will update with new shocks, tires (AND RIMS) and probably front sway bar. This IS going to be a driver!! The bottom of the car is painted black...all over. But I spent 20 minutes on a creeper and there is no rust in the floor pans, inner rockers, braces, etc!~!!!
My 63 black Impala was a 400HP engine car also. My black 63 was To527QA and the new 63 is T0520QA!! My old car built in St. Louis---06B and the new one was built here in KC 07E. Some one told me...too bad it's not black. I said I like it because it's not black!! I'm not trying to replace the old car...just want a new one!!
View attachment 41410 View attachment 41411 View attachment 41412 View attachment 41413 View attachment 41414 View attachment 41415
PS: Don..............this is what I was doing in Hays, KS. Gary and I met half-way.

PSS: Oh..................this is not a completely matching numbers car. The original color...........was green!! AND I DON"T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been looking for something to drive to shows and stuff in my retirement. So this came home with me about a week ago!!! Didn't have time to post pictures sooner because that jack wagon was in town for 3 days looking at my Z-11 engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was build by Kenny Reeves, a very dear friend of mine about 15 years ago. In fact, I probably have parts on this car. Then in 2003, Kenny traded this car to another dear friend of mine, Gary Jespersen. If you were at the Convention in 2015, Kenny had the silver/red 62 SS inside the Expo building and Gary had the Prehistoric Rat 62 bubbletop.
A little background.....Kenny bought the car in the southeast corner of Colorado. The car is for all purposes...rust free. It was an old drag race car. Kenny bought a body only on a chassis but it included the ORIGINAL matching numbered 400HP 409 shortblock assembly and ORIGINAL matching numbered T-10!!!!!!!!! Also included, the original 425HP exhaust manifolds and tach and housing!!!! The rearend housing had been replaced with a 1961 housing because it had the drain plug....something racers needed. No front clip, no seats......just a body shell. The red interior that Kenny found is mostly original. He found some NOS cloth seat inserts but I believe the vinyl is all original. I know the door panels are original.
It's a frame-on restoration which I wanted!!! This will be a car that Candy and I just get in and drive. I will update with new shocks, tires (AND RIMS) and probably front sway bar. This IS going to be a driver!! The bottom of the car is painted black...all over. But I spent 20 minutes on a creeper and there is no rust in the floor pans, inner rockers, braces, etc!~!!!
My 63 black Impala was a 400HP engine car also. My black 63 was To527QA and the new 63 is T0520QA!! My old car built in St. Louis---06B and the new one was built here in KC 07E. Some one told me...too bad it's not black. I said I like it because it's not black!! I'm not trying to replace the old car...just want a new one!!
View attachment 41410 View attachment 41411 View attachment 41412 View attachment 41413 View attachment 41414 View attachment 41415
PS: Don..............this is what I was doing in Hays, KS. Gary and I met half-way.

PSS: Oh..................this is not a completely matching numbers car. The original color...........was green!! AND I DON"T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what I call a retirement present!!! Beautiful car Phil.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Phil do you plan on leaving 4:11 posi in there if you are going to drive it any distance?????

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Phil, outstanding ride. I bet you can't wipe that grin off your face. :D Is the T-10 a 2.20 close ratio?

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Congratulations Phil, nice ride. I haven't heard from Kenny since we were in Great Bent. Hope he is ok, if you talk to him tell him hello for me