Bought a retirement present...........

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Way to go Phil! This the example I'm saving my "pennies and dimes" for and why I got rid of my '63 SS. I don't want to deal with rust anymore, my '63 had a solid trunk and quarters though the box braces, inner rockers and floor braces were rusty along with the Frankenstein job on whomever installed the floor pans. I sold it with the 409 for cheap though made out okay as well.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
PREEEEEEEETY, Sure will be keeeeeeen as to take it for a spin at bowling green. :laugh3

Congrats Phil.

Gav

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well.............decided on the 15" Americans after Mike's suggestion and narrowed tires down to 2 choices. Will probably pull the trigger in Jan.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I did Mike but.............I've always wanted a set of Americans so will go that route. I love the dark center spokes.
Got your info.........I've been really covered up lately. I'll get with you in Jan. also.

While we're here................what's the best choice front sway bar??? Want to make this ole beater a better handling car. I've never dealt much in the after market parts so don't know where to go. Boy.........am I setting myself up with that last remark!!! We'll see if Dave and Don are on their meds today and treat me nice?????!!!!!!!!!!!

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Phil,

I have Hotchkiss on the ivy build. Not too expensive and went together very nice.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
I did Mike but.............I've always wanted a set of Americans so will go that route. I love the dark center spokes.
Got your info.........I've been really covered up lately. I'll get with you in Jan. also.

While we're here................what's the best choice front sway bar??? Want to make this ole beater a better handling car. I've never dealt much in the after market parts so don't know where to go. Boy.........am I setting myself up with that last remark!!! We'll see if Dave and Don are on their meds today and treat me nice?????!!!!!!!!!!!
Here ya go Phil!!! Addco all the way! This is my previous post on the sway bar. http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/front-sway-bar.24185/#post-203049

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5

We always treat you nice Phil,,,,,,,,,,:D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks Leo. I just ordered it!!!! At $107 with free shipping it was about $70-80 cheaper than Summit. Thought the low price would end before I made up my mind!!!
Would like to hear if you got the squeak fixed!!!