Car Hauler Project

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Very classy classic. The shape is perfect, everything looks like it belongs.

Don

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thats Great

Ray
No we don't always agree but we do discuss things out and thrash things out building things till we both agree, just like our business for the last 35 years. We both compromise.

2 heads are better that one. Good discussions on ideas are better if you're not by yourself:cool: It's a good thing when you can bounce ideas back and forth. Sometimes a couple of beers at the end of the day can help with ideas also.:cheers

Great job on the Mack!!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Almost ready to roll!!!

Thanks for all the replies and support. We're almost done! :beerbang

We took the Mack out for a test drive today.
It's running really well except that the automatic transmission is shifting a little too high. It has a throttle valve like a 700R4, I think it'll be fine with a bit of adjustment.
We backed it under the trailer to check for clearance and it looks like it's going to be fine.
Here's some pictures...

8.jpg

7.jpg

4-4.jpg

3-6.jpg

001.jpg

We also got some pinstriping and lettering done by a friend of ours, Paul Lapp.
He's the same guy that lettered the 55 Chevy.

6.jpg

5-1.jpg

S

Swiss Impala

Congratulations, Jim and Jim!
This truck and the trailer are absolutely perfect.
Great pictures together with the '55.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Crap, that makes me feel like going out and washing my rig! I've been around this game for a long time and have to say that is the hottest setup ever! That rig is on fire :beerbang How do you follow something like that Up :dunno

1.gif

3.gif

5.gif

6.gif

7.gif

8.gif

9.gif

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Crap, that makes me feel like going out and washing my rig! I've been around this game for a long time and have to say that is the hottest setup ever! That rig is on fire :beerbang How do you follow something like that Up :dunno

X2 ! Beautiful, Outstanding rig guys! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:bow:bowMan this thing re-describes the term beautiful.Your only problem now will be distracted drivers looking at the truck instead of where they are going:roll:roll:roll

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow Wow Wow

:bow:bow Absolutly amazzzing. I guess I will have leave my truck and drive my Jeep Libert to Thompson:beerbang:beerbang

Great job, Jim(s):bow
Well planned, and it OBVIOUSLY took some very skilled workmanship:deal
Hey, and it's big enough, that i could hide my rig beside it, right out of sight:crazy