Car Hauler Project

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Jim & Jim, the Mack is looking Very nice, can't wait to check it the hauler out at Thompson. Will you be able to haul 1 or 2 cars?

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Outstanding guys!!
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jim and Jim, The truck is a work of art. Can't wait to see it in person. AND , Winston looks as good as ever. :clap:clap

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Jim & Jim, the Mack is looking Very nice, can't wait to check it the hauler out at Thompson. Will you be able to haul 1 or 2 cars?

Jim, for the first year we'll just pull the same 40' trailer we had last year. (one car) For next year we'd like to get a stacker trailer so that we can pull both the 55 and Jim's Pontiac.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Jim and Jim, The truck is a work of art. Can't wait to see it in person. AND , Winston looks as good as ever. :clap:clap

Ronnie, Winston's actually doing pretty well.:beerbang He's learned to walk more slowly so he's able to spend more time at the shop. I try to get him in the picture when I take photographs.:deal

309758.jpg

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
nice seats

What did you take the seats and center councel out of. They look comfortable and look like they would fit my Apache.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Jim: Winston, doesn't look very happy.:dunno Probably, would prefer, to be in the driver's seat.:doh:rolleyes: That truck, is really taking shape.:clap:clap:clap

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We got the hood and fenders installed this weekend. It's starting to look like a truck again.

1cre.jpg

6cre.jpg

2cre.jpg

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Jim the hauler is looking terrific....:bow

Plus...I see you found a VISOR for the Mack...:clap Truly,... a classy vintage feature for this truck.

The "artwork" logo(s) etc. will be happening soon I guess.

Ron

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We're still plugging away at the Mack. It'll be ready in time to go to Thompson for sure.
We narrowed the bumper from the bus 4 1/2" and it fit the Mack perfectly.
We also added some checker plate to the top.

1-4.jpg

4-2.jpg

We put a strip of metal along the bottom for a row of LED lights. We only had three lights but we'll get more.

3-4.jpg

1-3.jpg

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Congrats on an awesome project.:clap:clap That truck looks great.:love:lovePlease post some pictures with the '55 with it when it's done.:pray:cheers:cheers