Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
175657574_10225471976255847_3110700787733966986_n.jpg

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
img_5915-jpg.94352

I can't remember who owned/drove "The dedicated One" 57. I'll ask a couple buddies. The Blue 55 wagon "Farm Wagon" was owned, built and raced by Alex Jarrell, a farmer from Hockessin Delaware. Engines were done by Jenkins. Alex figured a way to build bullet proof three speeds and became real well known in the east for them. All of these cars have his transmissions in them. The bottom two cars were owned and raced by the Wheatley brothers. The "Heart Breaker II was Jay Wheatley's. I don't remember his brothers name. The Wheatley brothers had a trucking company in Cambridge Maryland. The transporter was their's.

Very cool,,,does the bottom 57 have a 54 grill?

Yeah, I think it was a mid 50's Corvette grill of some year.

Last edited:

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
They were pretty common around the St Louis area, That sign says regular but Clark only sold premium (Clark Super 100) 100 octane. Their slogan was We are the premium people. A good friend of mine worked at the local Clark station all through high school and later on he wound up buying the station he worked at. During high school everyone would always go up to the Clark station to see where the action was as Carl knew everyone and he would see everyone all night long as they would roll in and out of the station.