East Coast 348-409 Reunion at Mason-Dixon

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Thanks Jim. With all the stress of every day life and the liberal tide rolling in, this one day of racing was a oasis for me. Didn't think of anything else but hot rods and racing. On the first pass time trials back in the pits my hand when I held the time slip was shaking like a leaf. Been to long. The Fatride is back!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
:winner
Thanks Jim. With all the stress of every day life and the liberal tide rolling in, this one day of racing was a oasis for me. Didn't think of anything else but hot rods and racing. On the first pass time trials back in the pits my hand when I held the time slip was shaking like a leaf. Been to long. The Fatride is back!

Glad to hear the Old Kid is running good Ray.................:winner:winner:winner:winnerWatch out for Shan next month...................

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Al, Dick and anyone else that was involved, great job, very enjoyable weekend and look forward to the next one.
The one thing that we need to work on is introductions, and this isn't anyone's fault but my own, most of the guys I know but there are a few that I dont. I feel really bad in that I wanted to meet Don Jacks and I learned later that he was there, he talked to me, even pointed out a loose bolt on my motor and I had no idea who I was talking to!! I'm sorry, Don I wish I had known it was you. Next time I'll know.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Al, Dick and anyone else that was involved, great job, very enjoyable weekend and look forward to the next one.
The one thing that we need to work on is introductions, and this isn't anyone's fault but my own, most of the guys I know but there are a few that I dont. I feel really bad in that I wanted to meet Don Jacks and I learned later that he was there, he talked to me, even pointed out a loose bolt on my motor and I had no idea who I was talking to!! I'm sorry, Don I wish I had known it was you. Next time I'll know.

Tommy,
I felt the same at Great Bend,
Got to meet a bunch of great guys but missed meeting a lot more
I was like a dog with two d1cks at great bend and by the time i calmed down from the racing and taking pictures in my head of all the cars the weekend was coming to a close
When we are over next time we will make sure we take in a meet like this one and catch up with more people.

Great to have the photos with names etc and cars with the owners

Steve

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Now I know how the folks who couldn't make it to Great Bend felt. (Glad I was able to make GB last year!)

Looks like a great time was held by all in spite of the weather.

All the cars looked great, but Tommy's 61 looked especially "fine".

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
It is a long trip for me,but if it's going to be an annual thing,count me in! I saw a lot of "tricks and tips" while I was there.:crazy

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
It is a long trip for me,but if it's going to be an annual thing,count me in! I saw a lot of "tricks and tips" while I was there.:crazy
Yeh, I saw you peeking under my hood :burnout. Hey Don, how did you singe your eyebrows? Must be a story here!

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Don is a regular Sherlock Holmes, he noticed a loose bolt on my power steering. Damn thing was bout to fall off!! I hadn't seen it

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Just studying belt bracketry and layout for future referance on my engine,not looking for mistakes.Something about a shiney bolt sticking out about 1/3 rd an inch didn't look right.:think

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Guys that looks like it was one Helluva show!!!!!!!!!Great Job to everyone that helped put it on , and great job to everyone that showed up, and participated.....thanks to the guys that posted pictures I know that takes a lot of time and then to post is a job in itself..............:bow:bow:bow....................:clap:clap:clap:clap

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Guys that looks like it was one Helluva show!!!!!!!!!Great Job to everyone that helped put it on , and great job to everyone that showed up, and participated.....thanks to the guys that posted pictures I know that takes a lot of time and then to post is a job in itself..............:bow:bow:bow....................:clap:clap:clap:clap
Good point, it does take a lot of effort on the part of the photographer to get these great pictures. Thanks to Robert Street, Dick MacKenzie and Bob Walker for all the great shots. Without them this would be pretty boring.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Good point, it does take a lot of effort on the part of the photographer to get these great pictures. Thanks to Robert Street, Dick MacKenzie and Bob Walker for all the great shots. Without them this would be pretty boring.
I totally agree Ray, and many thanks to Al for pulling it together. Poor feller ran around Sunday like a chicken with its head cut off making sure every one was well informed and happy. He did a FINE job!!!

Lonnie

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9

Last but far from least we should thank Steven Moyer's son Philip for stepping up to coordinating racer pairings for everyone. Great Job Philip!!

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Yes great job to everyone .......it looks like the track really wants the 348-409 guys there, and looked like a pretty good spectator turnout