Famous 58-65's (TV & Movies)

bobs409

Administrator
Droptops recent post made me think of this. Everyone post a TV show or movie that features a 1958-1965 full size Chevrolet. (short description if available too)

To keep it fun, your only allowed 1 car per post. You can post more than once but you have to wait until someone else replies after your last post before you can post again! :D (oh the things I think of at 6:40 AM!) :roll

I'll start with an obvious one: (there may be more than one car per movie, if so, they must be listed in seperate replies)

1) American Grafitti: 1958 Impala 2 door coupe, 327 w/6 Strombergs, chrome reverse wheels, white w/white tuck & roll interior.

Next....

JC327

Supporting Member 1
2 I can think of off the top of my head:

"A Perfect World" (Kevin Costner, Eastwood)-- there's a '59, I think it's a blue 4 door sedan. Somebody shoots a hole threw the roof, as I recall.

"Peggy Sue got Married" (I forget who was in it)-- 58 Impala

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
58/65

I can remember watching the Dina Shore show for years as a kid. I must have seen quite a few Chevy adds featuring our year cars. See the USA in your Chevrolet.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Bewitched.
Chevrolet must have been a sponsor for that show.
The outside of the house driveway shots always showed Darrin with what must have been the most current model chevrolet at the time, mostly convertibles if I remember correctly.

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Movie Car

63' Chevy full-size (blue) Tom Cruise's ride in "A Few Good Men."

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The Hollywood Knights

Ok Bob this is for 58-65 but,I like the 57 on The Hollywood Knights,Tony Danza drives this Supercharged Yellow 57 Chevy.Super Chevy bought this car and made it a project car and became to be known as Project X.This is a great car flick Guy's even though it's a 57 :D

Bob,sorry for hijacking your thred :D but this moive is my favorite,along with Two Lane Blacktop

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Hey Jim,
I think Popular Hot Rodding already owned Project X when the film was made.
And when exactly did Super Chevy take over, Project X 57 had always been a part of PHR magazine.
I love that movie too and I absolutely hate yellow cars, but for some reason that is the coolest 57 Chevy.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Todd,your are correct :doh I remember the 57 on display at Super Chevy Shows.There sister mag's but Popular Hot Rodding did the Project X.

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I think Super Chevy did the last re-do on the project X 57.
I am curious as to why this wasn't done through Popular Hot Rodding like it had always been in the past??

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
64 Impala

Cheech ang Chong " UP IN SMOKE "
64 Impala , brown with a blue drivers door. gitchy gitchy pom pom balls around the windows , man.

bobs409

Administrator
Well, if we're gonna mention yellow 57's, lets not leave out "Return to Macon county". (funny thing, I just watched it yesterday!!!)

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
More American Graffiti

I just ordered More American Graffiti from Netflix (my DVD rental ).Has anyone seen this moive :dunno

More American Graffiti (1979)

Ron Howard, Cindy Williams and most of the cast of the original American Graffiti reprise their roles in this sequel directed by Bill Norton. This film captures the group at four subsequent New Year's Eve celebrations from 1964 to 1967, with the Vietnam War, San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury neighborhood and the peace movement as the ever-shifting backdrop. Their friendships change and so do their fortunes as the country faces strife.
Starring: Ron Howard, Cindy Williams, More
Director: Bill L. Norton

Parental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for

bobs409

Administrator
I saw that one a few times Jim but I really didn't care for it. It's kind of a depressing movie IMO. Nothing like the first one.

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
More Graffitti

Jim, I purchased that VHS last year and it's OK. Jumps around in pic. in. pic. frames too much for me. :dunno The dragstrip shots are worth the watching and look for Harrison Ford (NOT in credits) as the motorcycle cop! Vietnam scenes with "Toad" are pretty good as well...

Russ348

Well Known Member
Jeepers Creepers comes to mind. A fairly recent movie. Has a 1960
chevrelot which I believe is white. :) :)

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
I am going to take this one off course one more time.
This is also not a 58-65 but it is still a Chevrolet muscle car.
I caught the end of the movie "Carrie" John Travolta drove a 1967 Chevelle SS.

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
droptop62 said:
I am going to take this one off course one more time.
This is also not a 58-65 but it is still a Chevrolet muscle car.
I caught the end of the movie "Carrie" John Travolta drove a 1967 Chevelle SS.
Come on guys, lets play by the rules. I can name a dozen movies with classic muscle in them

M

Mr.Jimmy

Well...its not a movie...but what about Brady Bunch....with the convert??? :brow

Marsha Marsha Marsha :roll

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Blooper

Anyone remember the famous blooper in Starsky and Hutch? :?

They were following a white 63 Impala SS with a bomb in it.
The car went out of sight for a second and then appeared as a
green 64 Belair or Biscayne and blew up............ :cry

This was mentioned numerous times in the months and years following the
episode................... :rolleyes:

bj :cheers

bobs409

Administrator
Russ348 said:
Jeepers Creepers comes to mind. A fairly recent movie. Has a 1960
chevrelot which I believe is white. :) :)

That's the one I couldn't think of!!! I was flipping through the channels a while back and watched some of that. I thought it was blue though. ??