Famous 58-65's (TV & Movies)

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Animal House was on the other night and Dean Wormer's wife shows up for the Toga party crashing into cars with her 62 Bel Air wagon.

bobs409

Administrator
Silver 63 2 door Impala in the movie Cobra.

This one is parked in Cobra's parking spot (Sylvester Stallone) so he pushes it out of the way with his 50 Mercury.

Real good movie too. :brow

Here's an obscure one....
1967 episode of the Fugitive ( near the end of the series... it's in colour ). Jack Lord ( Steve McGarret, Hawaii 5-O ) plays the "bad guy". His female accomplis drives an aniverseray gold 62 Impala convertible... with some very strange looking wheel covers on it.

There's also an earlier episode where Dr Kimble is travelling with Gerrard's wife. The "bad kids" have a short scene driving a 60 El Camino.

For the most part though, the Fugitive ( 1063-1967 ) had the cars provided by Ford.... including a couple street versions of the AC Cobra !

51T409

Well Known Member
"ray"

there's two 58 white chevys at the canadian airport when they arrested RAY Charles for drugs. we just finished watching the movie and it was great!!!!

bobs409

Administrator
Jeepers creepers

The movie "Jeepers Creepers" with the 1960 4 door that Russ348 mentioned in an earlier reply is on this evening on the Sci-Fi channel if anyone wants to see it. It's driven through most of the movie.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
One for the future

Well here's one that's different...... :)

A couple years ago a film outfit rented our 63 Belair to be used as an FBI car.
Some scenes it was parked and one scene it was driven. :cool:

The movie was 'The Sins of the Father' about some civil rights murders in the southern states.
The lead character was FBI agent Dalton but we never attended the filming and to my knowledge the movie was never released........ :(

So if this thread is still going when the movie does come out, I'll expect to be asked for autographs, appearances, etc....and only for big bucks... :bow :roll

bj

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
That's it

Hey wrench..........

nice find.. :clap ......
it was 2001 when they rented the car, so the 2002 release is right.
I checked where it was shot and it was done in Toronto.

To my knowledge it never played on Canadian TV.......... :takethat
Oh well I can't get Direct TV either........... :mad:

Thanx for the tip........I'm going to try and rent this and see our baby in action.

bj :cheers

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
movie

nice find.. :clap ...... it was 2001 when they rented the car, so the 2002 release is right. I checked where it was shot and it was done in Toronto. To my knowledge it never played on Canadian TV.......... :takethat
You're welcome......it was a quick Google.....
I can't get Direct TV either........... :mad:
There's always BEV or DN - but that's a whole 'other subject'...... :brow ;)

:cool:

bobs409

Administrator
That's the one where they used a 63 Belair to jump over cars and chase the bad guys.

Naw, just kidding. :roll :D If I loaned my car out to a movie, I'd be there every second.

I remember a few years ago, a movie was being made in my area and they were looking for a list of cars. One was a blue '67 Chevy but my '66 Chevelle was still in pieces. (they wouldn't know a 66 from a 67 I bet) :p

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Blockbuster

bj,Blockbuster has it :D

Complete Cast Technical Details Category Writer(s) Producer(s) Full Synopsis Studio Product Features

Complete Cast
Tom Sizemore
Richard Jenkins
Ving Rhames
Colm Feore

Category
Drama : Family Drama

Director(s): Robert Dornhelm
Writer(s): John Pielmeier
Producer(s): Scott D. Lumpkin, Frank Siracusa

Studio
Artisan Home Entertainment

Technical Details
Screen: 4:3 Full Screen, Enhanced Widescreen Letterbox
Sound: Dolby Surround (4.0), Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel

Full Synopsis

A man must decide if his greater loyalty is to his family or to justice in this made-for-TV movie based on a true story. In 1963, several members of a Southern Ku Klux Klan chapter bombed an African-American church in Birmingham, AL. Four young girls died in the blast, but the police were unable to prosecute the most case at the time because no one was willing to testify against the most likely suspects, or even say what they knew about them. Tom Cherry (Tom Sizemore) is the son of Bobby Frank Cherry (Richard Jenkins), who moved from Alabama to Texas not long after the bombing. Now a grown man in middle age, Tom has known since he was a boy about his father's involvement in the Ku Klux Klan and his participation in the Birmingham church bombing, but he's never been able to bring himself to tell the police what he know, or turn his dad over to authorities. However, when investigators reopen the case and begin asking both Tom and Bobby Frank tough questions, Tom struggles to decide what he should do, with his good friend Garrick Jones (Ving Rhames) urging him to help the authorities bring the guilty parties to justice. For a look at the facts behind the Birmingham church bombing case, viewers should also take a look at Spike Lee's acclaimed documentary 4 Little Girls. ~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide

Product Features
Widescreen version Full-screen version 5.1 Dolby Digital audio 2.0 Dolby Surround Trailer Trailer gallery Digitally mastered Interactive menus Scene index English closed captioning

Get queued up. Rent online and get DVDs delivered directly to your door.
Get Started Today!

About Blockbuster Customer Service Find A Store Investor Relations Affiliates Careers Privacy Policy

Blockbuster name, design and related marks are trademarks

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Does anyone remember the short run TV series called Almost Grown? It starred Timothy Daly (from tv series Wings) He was a program director at a radio station and a certain old song would come on that would remind him of an earlier time in his life and they would flashback. Well, anyway one episode I remember very well was when they flashed back to his highschool days and he had bought a used 62 impala with a dual quad 409. The entire episode was about this car. How he had carb problems and overheating. I even remember all his passengers complaining that he should turn off the heat but he explained that all the insulation was removed so the car would go faster. One of the greatest tv episodes of all time.

Fredw

Well Known Member
In the sitcom "My Wife and Kids", there is an episode that Michael Kyle Junior buy a 1964 Convertible Impala to restore.

I also remember an old movie with Tony Randall and his car is a black/black 1958 Impala Convertible. There is a magician in the movie that makes Tony's life very complicated. I can't remember the movie's name, but I can't forget that nice '58! :D

RPO587

Supporting Member 1
Here's one from a newbie:
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World (1963)
Milton Berle is riding with Terry Thomas in a blue '62 Biscayne when they get into a side-by-side race with Dick Shawn who is driving a red Dodge Dart convertible. The Chevy gets beat to hell and overturned.
Ouch!
That film is a great one for classic cars!

62BillT

Well Known Member
So far no one has mentioned the '59 2-Dr Sedan that appears in at least a few episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. Not sure if it's a Bel-Air or a Biscayne. It's really interesting as the show was sponsored by Ford cars.

bobs409

Administrator
RPO587 said:
Here's one from a newbie:
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World (1963)
Milton Berle is riding with Terry Thomas in a blue '62 Biscayne when they get into a side-by-side race with Dick Shawn who is driving a red Dodge Dart convertible. The Chevy gets beat to hell and overturned.
Ouch!
That film is a great one for classic cars!

I know that one well. I love that movie and watched it not long ago. I have to correct you though, it was a 1961 Impala and I believe it was an AVIS rental car??? (think I saw a sticker on it somewhere???) It was seeing that car as a kid that made me love 61 Chevy's, the rest is history! :love

The only part in that whole movie that sucked was seeing them run that car into the ditch. (and getting banged up from the Dodge) :mad:

There is another movie that comes to mind with a '61 in it. I'm still waiting to see it again (waiting for probably 20 years now!) but there was a movie with Robert Conrad in the 70's called, "Murph the Surf". He was a jewel thief. In it, I recall seeing him in a red 61 convertible with red/white interior. Saw it when I was a kid and to this day, never forgot that beautiful machine. I've even written TV stations asking them to put it on but nobody has in all these years. :mad: :mad: :mad:

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
61 ragtop

Anyone remember the white 61 convertible that was intentionally wrecked on Quantum Leap? B*st*rds ran it into a bridge abuttment or pole as I recall!

That was NOT :cool:

:cry