Famous 58-65's (TV & Movies)

bobs409

Administrator
bjburnout said:
Anyone remember the famous blooper in Starsky and Hutch? :?

They were following a white 63 Impala SS with a bomb in it.
The car went out of sight for a second and then appeared as a
green 64 Belair or Biscayne and blew up............ :cry

This was mentioned numerous times in the months and years following the
episode................... :rolleyes:

bj :cheers

Ah yes, I remember that episode well. They used that green car blowing up in the beginning shots of the show from then on too.

It was funny, the crooks steal a real nice white 63 Impala 2 door coupe and after driving it around for a while, they paint it and change the plates and suddenly, it becomes a horrible green 64 2 door sedan.

I think the 63 was just an Impala but I could be wrong. I do remember them beating the crap out of it, flying around corners so hard I think the rockers had to touch the road! :takethat I think it had fender flags but couldn't see any 409's on it. (probably a 327)

JC327

Supporting Member 1
Mr.Jimmy said:
Well...its not a movie...but what about Brady Bunch....with the convert???

Are you referring to the one where Greg buys the junker (a 55 or 56 Chevy convert?) for $50 from the guy who played "Toad" in American Graffiiti? As I recall Greg completely restored it in the driveway in one afternoon.

bobs409

Administrator
I don't remember seeing any 58-65's on the Brady bunch. There was newer cars like early 70's. The one where one of the kids puts an umbrella through the convertible top at the drive in movies comes to mind.

Wow, off the topic but do you remember drive in movies?!? Sure wish they'd make a comeback! We've got one near me that has been closed for a long time (20 years I bet!) and has been for sale for a l-o-n-g time. No takers. I bet it will be turned into a strip mall if it does sell. :mad:

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
It's a mad, mad, mad ,mad world

everyone who was funny in 63 was in that one, and the things they did to that poor 61 ............before it went off the bridge and into the creek.

anybody ever see the red 63SS pass behind "get smart" as he pulls up to the front of "control" headquarters in his Sunbeam "Tiger"?

How about the right hand drive 59 in "mad max" ?

and some of the poor X frame victims of hydraulics in the chicano inspired refreshment commercials?

well, maybe we should let some of the memories "rust in peace"

JC327

Supporting Member 1
There was a lowrider-pimped-out 61 in "Fridays"

There are about 7 drive-ins near me! They are all in operation. There is a non-operative one 5 minutes away.

65 Malibu in "Pulp Fiction"

M

MK IISS

Can't we make Bob Falfa's car in American Graffiti an exception? To be period correct it would have a 409 engine. My 1.18 scale model of the car has a 409 in it.

B

bowtieollie

How about Saturday Night Fever with the "well used" '64 4 dr Impala.

Some pretty good scenes with spins, back seats, and the famous "jump" over the Verrazano Bridge.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Baretta

Here's another one........ :cool:

Baretta (Robert Blake) drove a white 65 Impala 4 door hardtop.........beater :cry

Bet he wishes he was still doin' that ........... :doh

bj :cheers

M

Mr.Jimmy

No I forgot about Greg making spark plug soup with Alice on that show. I was thinking of his dad comming home in a 65 or 66 Convert in the early years.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Bob,this thread was a great idea :clap I've got alot of great ideas on moives to rent,I've already rented 5 movies from my DVD rental servive :D

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
There is a show on the discovery channel "Mythbusters"
they always display a white 60 chevrolet and some other things with their Logo
before each show.

bobs409

Administrator
Ugh, that reminds me of the episode they did with the 66 Caprice (or was it an Impala with Caprice taillights?) They put a rocket engine on the roof.

Car still looked fixable afterward but odds are they junked it. They did alot of drilling and welding to fasten that crap in though.

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
bobs409 said:
Ugh, that reminds me of the episode they did with the 66 Caprice (or was it an Impala with Caprice taillights?) They put a rocket engine on the roof.

Ahh... the good ol' JATO myth.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The Arnold family drove a 63 Impala 4dr in some of the early episodes of "The Wonder Years". Their neighbors (the Coopers) accross the street had a 59 El Camino in the front drive.
Ross

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
"Sand Lot" ...59 Bel Air that the Dad drove. Lots of neat cars in the moving.

B

bowtieollie

bobs409 said:
Wow, off the topic but do you remember drive in movies?!? Sure wish they'd make a comeback!
SO DO I BOB! :) :) :) :)

Along with the redhead that used to sit in the front seat next to me on Saturday night, in my 1970 LS6 Chevelle, that I drove to high school everyday AND you could have bought one like it for $1,200-1,500 any day of the week!!!! :doh

Then again, the car STILL looks like new - but I don't think she does (after 4 husbands and five kids!) :roll