FH 348 Block

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Here are some pictures of the Jardine 1 3/4 tri y's, took me most of the day Saturday to get them to fit, the trouble spots were exactly like Jerrod explained in the other thread. The worst spot was around the right rear lower control arm
349E83E7-437A-4CF2-BC00-4E6E8823E13C.jpg

The other spots were both front upper control arm bolts, which I think is probably a problem with all headers on our cars, and near the left side brake line distribution block. I probably didn't have to dimple it by the brake line, but I wanted to be sure I didn't have any problems after I got them coated. The only thing that threw me for a loop was by the z bar, I have to still do a little work on the engine side once I get the engine and bell housing in.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Here's some pictures of the head pipes I made,
E844AB52-EE1A-4C5C-9AF1-BC167F077CBA.jpg

BFDD535C-91BE-43C1-A717-6BB95066A140.jpg

AEA17FE8-9158-4FFB-9806-BE7C97C5F01C.jpg

Dropped them off to get coated black, won't be ready til next week....

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
As far as the engine goes, it's all together and we should be putting it on the Dyno tomorrow...
36AB8E48-D875-4A90-9576-ECEB23E6B597.jpg

He has a little more touch up he wanted to do to the intake today...:brow
I wish I could have posted some of these updates sooner, but I've been busy trying to get this thing ready... Were still planning on driving it to the big show! I've got a lot to do...
Rick

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Jason.... I got to give you guys credit that put bigger headers on these cars, they have to be a pain..:mad4
Rick

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well after spending two days on the Dyno, we finally brought the engine home last night! Got a lot of work ahead of us this week!
Rick

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
379hp at 56 or 5800 rpm, I can't remember exactly!! I was so excited to get out of there yesterday I forgot to make a copy or take a pic of the sheet!!:doh
Rick

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Rick:

Sounds like things are progressing well, looking forward to seeing you in Great Bend. Will you be coming through Columbia, MO via I-70?

We're trying to plan a little get together Wednesday night in Columbia, as several members will be staying there for the night before heading to GB on Thursday. I will likely be still thrashing on my little effort, but plan to take some time to have fun and mix and mingle :).

Cheers!
TomK

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Rick:

Sounds like things are progressing well, looking forward to seeing you in Great Bend. Will you be coming through Columbia, MO via I-70?

We're trying to plan a little get together Wednesday night in Columbia, as several members will be staying there for the night before heading to GB on Thursday. I will likely be still thrashing on my little effort, but plan to take some time to have fun and mix and mingle :).

Cheers!
TomK
Tom
We're planning on leaving Monday or Tuesday, depending on how things are going....still hoping to drive the car, but I do have a truck and trailer lined up just in case something else comes up.. I think wear planning on coming through that way and would love to get together with everyone. Loreen and I are both looking forward to this trip.
Rick

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ricky, Dad and I are leaving Wednesday. If you are coming down to 70 before you hit Indiana and need anything I'm at exit 14 give me a call (937) 974 1562.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ricky, Dad and I are leaving Wednesday. If you are coming down to 70 before you hit Indiana and need anything I'm at exit 14 give me a call (937) 974 1562.
Thanks Scott.... It's looking like we're leaving Tuesday.. Found out yesterday the headers won't be done at the powdercoater til Monday!!:bang I was hoping to be able to drive it around a little this weekend before driving it to Great Bend! Are you guys driving your cars?
Rick

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No we decided to pull them out. Figure if dad brakes the 62 he'll probably want to try and brake the 60.:doh So that way we can get them home. Home from Thompson with a broke roller lifter was bad enough, Great Bend is to far for that.:)

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well, we got the headers back yesterday and got everything buttoned up on the engine... Finally got to drive it yesterday:dance1!! Everything is good, we just have to put the hood and front bumper back on this morning then pack.. We will probably be leaving in the morning... Can't wait!!
Rick