Maybe next week....

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I put an “aluminum” scattershield on a 265 I built for a guy. It had on the lower bolt on piece AHRA/NHRA APPROVED.
The kid I built the car for did not know how to listen to the engine, the tach was acting up, usually shifted at 7,000, I have no idea how high it was as I was screaming shift, shift and he did. All hell broke loose of course as soo. As he touched the clutch!
Took us about an hour to sweep the track.

Track manager not happy, I handed him the bottom piece of the aluminum scatter shield with the approvals!

Boy we proved them wrong:crazy:crazy:crazy

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I put an “aluminum” scattershield on a 265 I built for a guy. It had on the lower bolt on piece AHRA/NHRA APPROVED.
The kid I built the car for did not know how to listen to the engine, the tach was acting up, usually shifted at 7,000, I have no idea how high it was as I was screaming shift, shift and he did. All hell broke loose of course as soo. As he touched the clutch!
Took us about an hour to sweep the track.

Track manager not happy, I handed him the bottom piece of the aluminum scatter shield with the approvals!

Boy we proved them wrong:crazy:crazy:crazy

Pat, I remember at the AHRA Nationals at Green Valley, 1962 or 63, this black 56 Chevy was turning some ungodly RPMs and the clutch let go. The starter beat the car to the finish line.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s