My New Project 1963 AC B1

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'm taking a very short brake from my car projects after I finished the batch of air cleaners. Wish I had taken a couple "before" pictures, but I really was only going to rearing the engine. As with any project, one thing leads to another. Now I'm performing a "quick" restoration. Just had the paint mixed Friday and the decals came today. I'm waiting for the machine shop to get back to me about installing valve guides. This is a 1963 Allis Calmer B-1. It was my dad's cousin's. It was handed down to my dad then to me. Wouldn't mean much but I have a picture somewhere with me sitting on it when I was about 5 years old. Also have the original bill of sale too.So why not fix it up. 20180728_092016.jpg 20180728_091911.jpg

RussC

Well Known Member
Is there anything you haven't raced Russ?:burnout
I didn't race it...just helped engineer and build it. Number 2 son drove it. We had the fastest lawnmower in this part of the world...really hurt some feelings.

Son and granddaughter went on to drag race mini bikes. Granddaughter drove the quickest bike around! I guess you can race about anything!!

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Nice project Jim I like them old Allis chalmers garden tractors. I have my Allis 716h that I cleaned up and repainted and rebuilt the engine on a few years back it was a fun project. I also converted mine to hydraulic lift instead of manual got all the factory parts from a donor mower.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Nice project Jim I like them old Allis chalmers garden tractors. I have my Allis 716h that I cleaned up and repainted and rebuilt the engine on a few years back it was a fun project. I also converted mine to hydraulic lift instead of manual got all the factory parts from a donor mower.
Cool! I've got a 710 that I use as my everyday lawn mower / snowblower.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
I'm taking a very short brake from my car projects after I finished the batch of air cleaners. Wish I had taken a couple "before" pictures, but I really was only going to rearing the engine. As with any project, one thing leads to another. Now I'm performing a "quick" restoration. Just had the paint mixed Friday and the decals came today. I'm waiting for the machine shop to get back to me about installing valve guides. This is a 1963 Allis Calmer B-1. It was my dad's cousin's. It was handed down to my dad then to me. Wouldn't mean much but I have a picture somewhere with me sitting on it when I was about 5 years old. Also have the original bill of sale too.So why not fix it up. View attachment 63219 View attachment 63220
Are you sure a 409 will fit?