Old Bikes

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
....thanx Mark.......all orig except for the pipes and the semi-high bars. Orig engine never disassembled or
out of frame, serial number still listed on Triumph site......:read
This bike was a blast to ride when we were all a lot younger.........:cool:........the kick start not so much today....:confused

Back when I use to ride it my 67 BSA Lightning was a excellent starting bike I have started that bike just with my arm . Now my Norton Atlas was a foot breaker, couple of times I thought I broke my foot starting that bike.

Mark

Floyd Horton

Well Known Member
Travis and I have a 67 BSA Lightning. Starts easy. I have a 67 Matchless, which was the last year. Norton had taken over Matchless by then. The bike came from the factory with a Norton Atlas 750 engine. I bought it from the original owner. Bike was sold new in St Paul, Mn.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Travis and I have a 67 BSA Lightning. Starts easy. I have a 67 Matchless, which was the last year. Norton had taken over Matchless by then. The bike came from the factory with a Norton Atlas 750 engine. I bought it from the original owner. Bike was sold new in St Paul, Mn.

That's pretty cool that you were able to buy it from the original owner those are usually the best ones to buy. What model is your 67 Matchless Floyd? I have a 64 Matchless CS scrambler this was one of the first batch of scramblers to hit our shores there wasn't to many of them made. And I have a 66 Matchless CSR , it was their answer to a 60's crotch rocket and a 62 Matchless G 80 parts bike.

Mark

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Can anyone put an approx year on this Bike!
59418081_2192059820853825_6329606751381356544_n.jpg

Gav