Our HERO HAYDEN......

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry to read about the loss of this great man. Never had the pleasure of meeting him, but have certainly read a lot about him and truly inspiring.

Phil, obviously a GREAT friend of yours and I can only imagine how broken hearted you are right now. Condolences you to and the Profit family on such a sad loss.
May the great racetracks in the sky keep his memories alive. GOD SPEED.

Gav

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
We are all so sorry to hear this. Back in summer 2004, Hayden and Judy Lilly were guests of Beaver Springs Dragway for a nostalgia event. Hayden was in the tower talking to Beaver Bob, the owner, when Carl and I made test passes with Wully Bully I and II. When Hayden saw Carl make his pass, he stopped what they were talking about and asked Bob who that was. He wanted to meet the guy running a car like his old favorite. Bob knew us, and told Hayden where to find us. He and Judy came over to introduce themselves, and he ended up spending almost the entire day in our trailer. Hayden even rode down the track with Carl for a short blast, and bit his lip! He said that was the only time it ever happened. That started a friendship between Carl and his hero, that lasted till now. Carl and Hayden would talk on the phone regularly. We will miss him immensely. God Speed Hayden, RIP. From Carl, Joanne, Chris, Michele, Philip, Adam and Steven, Team Wully Bully.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1661098135414.jpg
    FB_IMG_1661098135414.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I too am sad to hear this news. I met him at Great Bend, I am thankful for that experience and will always be thankful to Phil for hosting that event.
Hayden was as down to earth as anyone I ever met, both at Great Bend and then later I delivered a jacket to him at Henderson, N.C. for Pat Lobb. Perhaps someone here remembers the story of the jacket that Patt had me deliver to Hayden, I don't recall it enough to correctly relate it. RIP Mr. Profit, you were a great man and a inspiration to all of us car guys.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Lisa Proffitt has asked me to try to get a tally who all plan a trip to Tow. She has to plan for the food.
Dickiemac and Joanne are coming and we are going to Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Q on Sunday afternoon. It is the finest Bar-B-Q I have ever tasted. It is in Llano about 20 miles away. Used to go Texas alot and if I am range of 250 miles....I make a stop at Cooper's!!!!!! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!!!
Probably more later. Try to keep me posted.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sad news. I also had the pleasure of meeting Hayden in Great Bend in 2014. Alsp have his signature on a 409 mile marker haging on the wall in my shop that was acquired somewhere in Idaho on the way to Great Bend.

Attachments

• 20220819_182201.jpg
    20220819_182201.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220819_182210.jpg
    20220819_182210.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 13