Ronnie Russell's Celebration of Life

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I received a message from Virginia this morning about Ronnie's wishes.
Ronnie's funeral will be tomorrow, Mar. 28, 1-2PM for family members (www.owensandsonfh.com) with burial following at the Ladonia Cemetery.
Ronnie has asked that he have a Memorial or Celebration of Life for all family and friends to celebrate his friendships. All can participate with pictures and stories. We will collect memorials at that time also. The memorial will be sometime in mid- to late April in the Dallas/Plano area.
Thank you Virginia for your trust at this time. We are all praying for you and the rest of his family.
I will post more info as I receive it.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Just received word from Virginia that Ronnie's Memorial will be Saturday, May 6 at the Methodist Church in Richardson, Texas. She is getting info from the in-laws as to the time of day and the address of the church. I will post that info when I receive it. Richardson is just northeast of the metro Dallas area.
When I get the church address, I will check to see if there are any motels in the area for those of us who will be travelling in for this Memorial.
I hope we can have a nice size of group to honor Ronnie. Also, if anyone has digital pictures of Ronnie from any race track, Bowling Green, Great Bend or Thompson, please send them to the Owens and Son Funeral Home (website is listed above)...they have offered to make Virginia a continuous video to be played at the Memorial. Virginia will then have a great keepsake for her and the family.

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I tried to email pictures to the funeral home and gmail would not recognize the funeral home email address.