Slow build 1962

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It’s the later casting so it’s got the stronger mains. I don’t think I could replace it for what it will cost to sleeve it. There are no cracks in it and I figure by the time I find another block pay for it and then ship it I will be money ahead to fix this one. Maybe I’m thinking wrong on this?

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Made a road trip today to see pvs409 today and picked up some more quality parts! I had ordered some new vent window glass from auto city classics with the original logo and date codes and Paul went through my vent window assemblies and swapped out everything that was pitted with some much nicer original parts and new seals. Also got some nicer parts for my door glass too. Thanks again Paul the help you give and knowledge you share is awesome!C4BBB46B-8CC2-4C76-8158-D1DC769C88A5.jpeg

brushwolf

Well Known Member
I like the concept of full range of motion with the Global West bushing set used. Probably easier to install and allows tightening of assembly without car being back at ride height too..

Anyone got considerable miles on theirs that indicate how long they will last?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 34

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A little more progress now that the weather is nicer I got the garage picked up and got my rebuilt vent window assemblies back in the doors and my windows with new lower frames. It took a little bit to get the adjustments on the vent assemblies and the door glass correct so everything would open and roll up and down properly. Also when I talked to Carl last week my pistons showed up so he just needs to assemble the motor now!

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got some more progress on the 62 today. I pulled the dash down and changed all the bulbs to led bulbs and got the new headlight switch in being the old one you had to find the sweet spot in it to get it to work. I finished assembling the doors and installed the nicer door handles I had gotten from pvs409 and got the new door seals on also. I removed the cheap aftermarket antenna and got the original one installed. Changed out my rear view mirror for a correct one for my car. I got both door and front fender side trim changed to the nicer pieces that I have. Installed the nos water valve for the heater. Ordered the correct speedo cable and installed the man pedals so the 4 speed conversion is now complete! Last time I talked with Carl he wanted to have all the w engines done by the end of the month so hopefully might have an engine soon!7C97ACB9-E195-4BB2-9D25-1110C30B7F0D.jpeg