Tooth's 68 Chevy ll Beater Project

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow that 63 looks pristine, you don't come across cars like that any more often!!! Tooth did that 59 Vette have double lug nuts on it, just asking for a friend.:dunno2
:lmao:roll:roll:roll That’s funny! Didn’t think to look or ask. Didn’t think it was such a big deal with those cars. Now I have to keep my eyes open for a double lug nuts! I’m sure Phil is starting a trend. He did ask me about the car though maybe he’s curious to see if it has double lug nuts too:laugh2...... By the way Steve, I had a 7/16 fine thread nut on my shackle that was buggered up trying to get it off. So in a pinch a lug nut worked perfect to replace that Buggered up nut! Maybe I should’ve put double Lugnuts on my shackles:laugh2 I’ll bet that would’ve been a first!:D

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
:lmao:roll:roll:roll That’s funny! Didn’t think to look or ask. Didn’t think it was such a big deal with those cars. Now I have to keep my eyes open for a double lug nuts! I’m sure Phil is starting a trend. He did ask me about the car though maybe he’s curious to see if it has double lug nuts too:laugh2...... By the way Steve, I had a 7/16 fine thread nut on my shackle that was buggered up trying to get it off. So in a pinch a lug nut worked perfect to replace that Buggered up nut! Maybe I should’ve put double Lugnuts on my shackles:laugh2 I’ll bet that would’ve been a first!:D
Just buy the black 63 , turn around and sell the colorado car.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just buy the black 63 , turn around and sell the colorado car.
The Colorado car is going to be a Race Car. even thinking about putting the fiberglass front end on it. I even intend on using the X frame. I think I’m gonna change it to coil overs for the front. Definitely will have a Quick Performance 9 inch that will be narrowed a little bit. I need to go down to Russes and look at his 62 that has mini tubs in it to see how it was done again:doh
But that is my plan with the Colorado car. Race car and its name will be the
Pepper Grinder, and someday I hope to be pitted right next to the salt shaker. And hopefully I won’t get A Salted :confused:laugh2 I know plans and dreams always change, but since the Colorado car needs repairs it will be a wonderful project for a race car. I’ll even put historic tags on it so I can drive it on the street if I want to. I know how that usually ends up getting you in trouble but I’ve always wanted a 63 race car. As soon as the weather clears up and it may be the beginning of summer who knows out there but I will be on a trek to recover. Kevin is going to take the motor and transmission out of it and keep the hood to which is fine because I plan on Putting a fiberglass hood on it. It’ll have disc brakes and a course a 409 in it. The dreams are endless or I should say bigger than the wallet at this time But I will get it done just like the dream I had on my nova and my shop truck.:good:juggle
Someday I will buy one of those cars though, I usually fined what I want. And I have patience! After all this black and red 63 was out there hiding in the garage for 10 years. So they are out there just hard to find.:D:cool:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Sounds like you guys had a fun day wish I could have joined up (I got my 2nd Covid shot Saturday morning).

Don't tell Jeff you know me, last time I saw him he about chased me out of his shop, and I was being nice :(. That was probably 15 years ago You know he has (or at least had) a bunch of BBC and some 409 engines in those trailers around his shop. He had priced a complete Algon fuel injection setup to me but later recanted when I showed up with the $$$. Offered full price. That's when he told me to skidaddle. I recall the 583 heads that were once on the BA409 car were sourced from Jeff Asbury. They are on my '62 Biscayne now...

Man, you ought to get in on the action on that Black '63, she looks cherry :) :) :). Then we can put my 62 Biscayne next to her and have twin 409s one year apart (if there is such a thing). Didn't you say you had some Mad Money laying around?

Cheers! TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Tooth and I were talking earlier, the car was auctioned without Reserve and hit somewhere in the $16,xxx range. His machine shop buddy was hoping to place a bit at the last second, was willing to go into the $21K range. But he isn't real tech savvy and forgot to refresh his screen so he lost out. Lesson learned...

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well here’s a little video of the finished update for the Calvert split mono leaf upgrade, next will be the center section in the 6AL box upgrade. Hopefully I can make it to the hot rod reunion or the ham drags this year in a month or two.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yesterday Jeff got a phone call from Jerry the owner of the 63 Bel Air. He asked Jeff if he was still interested in the car and Jeff said yes I tried to put a bid in but my computer froze up because I didn't refresh it! The man said what is your offer because the guy on the eBay auction did not follow through. So Jeff offered him several thousand dollars less than he would have on his bid and got the car. So he now owns this honey of a 63 Bel Air! I think his intentions are a 409 with 583 heads and a super T-10. I also think that he said he had a p case Center section with a positive track. Well at least now I know where I can find the little Parts I need for my 63:confused:brow congratulations to him on a really good find, I'm sure I'll be posting some pictures of it soon. I believe I talked him into joining the form to. Jeff is The Machinist who is boring and decking and doing my machine work on my W Motors, I wonder who he will get to to build his 409?:laugh2:laugh:roll

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
So Jeff offered him several thousand dollars less than he would have on his bid and got the car. So he now owns this honey of a 63 Bel Air!

Yes!!!:woohoo It isn't going to sweden, isn't going to LA to get slammed with an LS and 22's, she's staying in the club. Fell into machinist hands so you know it's gonna be cared for and preserved:good

Must be a lot of flakes on feebay I hear that quite often.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Jeff just sent my phone a text, says going tomorrow to get my 63. I got its bed made in the shop last night.and 10:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D faces to follow....:good I'm pretty sure he's happy! and yes the plan is 409 with 583 heads and T-10 , he has a p marked case with a posi but not sure what gear. Besides it's already got (3) pedals in it what else would you put in it?:burnout