Vin # and the 409

Come on guys.... this isn't becoming of either of you :dunno

Ollie, way back, you and I used to differ on opinion about the colour of the sky. At my end here anyhow, I have listened a little more. and yes, read your "biography". The position that you hold with your job, is not one that just anybody can do ( I AM familiar with the requirements )... for these reasons, I have developed much respect for you.

Fran, yes, you get in our face a bit ;) ... but it NEVER did offend me... EVER. It was entertaining, and yes, you have information that perhaps nobody else knows of :clap . The only "shot" you'll get from me, is if you talk bad about our W blocks :mad: ... and maybe if you go on too much about that "Barbie Corvette" :roll :roll ..... Sorry man... THAT was hilarious :D
But Fran, the fact that you take that teasing, speaks to your nature.

Bottom line, this site would be less if either of you were not here....

Make sense ?

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Bowtieollie,
I guess it is a good thing you are not moderator over here,
You would have to ban yourself for your behavior. :eek:
I have not yet called you any names, but I would guess that the truth has hurt you a bit due to the name calling you felt was needed above, bravo!! you just seem to prove my point for me the more you type your intellectual thoughts.
this for me has actually been a long time coming, I have had to bite my tongue and NOT say anything about many of your posts in the past.
Now try and behave, maybe act your age and also why don't you try and uphold some of your standards and behave like you want others to behave on chevytalk.
You do fine being the police of other people, you need to work on your self a bit.
Thanks for the good times, I can't wait to see what you will call me next.
:clap

B

bowtieollie

Fran Preve said:
Ollie: and your Liberace and Ted Thorensen, combined. I'll take the comment about Thelma and Louise and a compliment, they were BUDDIES. The caliber of YOUR comments say a lot about you by the way, your a class act.

HI Fran,

Thank you for the compliment.
I am a class act and to be associated with Liberace is rather nice of you.
He died a rich man - and so will I.... :D

B

bowtieollie

droptop62 said:
I can't wait to see what you will call me next.
:clap

Drop,

I didn't call you anything - you made the personal attacks on me first.
You stated your thoughts and by doing so got sucked into the blackhole from all this useless banter.

I appreciate your advice and suggestions. Remember, when you give advice, you risk receiving it back. Now here's my advice to you...

if you are interested in resolving the indifferences found herein - go look in the mirror. The problem will be staring you in the face. :eek:

I am finished with this post - it is completely unproductive and will do nothing to benefit anyone. (well maybe I am wrong - because I know a few that are getting a good laugh out of it - including myself) :D

Everyone needs to go back to what this site is about - engines and the vehicles they came in. :clap

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Can't help myself.

I find myself drawn to the mindless dribble. If I have to read anymore of this I need to have you guys send me some of those yummy candy coated almonds, yeh yeh that's it, and I want them in red,white and blue! :roll

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, anyway...so much for the BS; my '63 Biscayne has one hole to mount the rear control arm and the SS, also a '63 has two. Both were V8 cars from Janesville. I have two more '63 Janesville parts cars and will check them as soon as the snow around them lets me in.

SteveD

M

MK IISS

Steve: Do you think the '63 SS has additional mounting holes because of the lower ride height due to the shorter springs?

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Ollie,
again, I love how you have tried to pretend to be noble and diplomatic,
You can enjoy thinking thinking you have tried to be the better person,
it is very clear how you have tried to put yourself on top, I have not yet really attacked you, but you have made some attempts to attack my FACTS about your actions.
I am sure you are not done being your wonderful self, and yes you should be laughing,
Because you are a very funny man.
All I am saying is if you are supposed be this important moderator and peace keeper, you should start acting like one.
:eek:

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
And what Ollie said at CT was that there is an algorithm (mathmatical equation?) between the VIN and the cowl tag that would indicate what engine was installed in our cars and I, personally, would much rather hear more discussion about this than what names everyone can call each other! Give it a rest, guys.

SteveD

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
bowtieollie said:
Everyone needs to go back to what this site is about - engines and the vehicles they came in. :clap

Ollie,
Fran and Droptop are good guys, i've done battle with both of them.........but i cant remember why anymore.....must not have been very important.

those 2 guys, all the other members here and you are an asset to this site. :hug

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
SteveD409 said:
And what Ollie said at CT was that there is an algorithm (mathmatical equation?) between the VIN and the cowl tag that would indicate what engine was installed in our cars and I, personally, would much rather hear more discussion about this than what names everyone can call each other! Give it a rest, guys.

SteveD

Steve, I wanna know the info also, but...........cowl tag info is TOP SECRET!

of my three baltimore 63s, only the 2 SS cars have the 2 holes for the mounting of the front lower control arm bolt.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
MK IISS said:
Steve: Do you think the '63 SS has additional mounting holes because of the lower ride height due to the shorter springs?

now we'll need to compare hole locations between 1 hole and 2hole frames to determine which is the supplemental hole. then we can decide what the optional hole was intended for. almost sorry i brought it up now. unless your car is a mile high, use the lower hole.

Algorithem connects vin # to engine?. but it's SECRET!?. I guess that says it all about "ollie".

PS: he didn't get the Liberace/Thorensen comment, some intellectual.

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
OK, now that we've got all the experts here ready to show off all their knowledge and wanting to outshine their rival...what does an "A" code in the accessory line of the cowl tag on a '63 Janesville car stand for? :roll

SteveD

M

MK IISS

Steve: This probably has nothing to do with the cowl tag. In the 1962 option ordering info I have, there is option code # 140 which is "Body Equipment Group A" There is also an option code # 145 which is "Body Equipment Group B"

I can no longer remember what these option codes are unless they were some sort of comfort and convenience group such as the '63 Z01 option.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
control arm holes

My 63 SS is from St. Louis, and has the 2 holes. Somewhere in the assembly manual, which I can not find, had a setting for standard shift and automatic cars. The tranny determined which hole the arm was bolted into. Wish I could find it. Put it away 8 years ago, after finishing my car. I was 55 then. Keeps getting worse. It's probably in the attic over the garage. Now, where is the garage?????? :roll

Fred

Would you believe I did it again. Got done and hit "back". But, this time I hit forward, and it was still here!!!!!!!!!! Whew.

B

bowtieollie

Fran Preve said:
PS: he didn't get the Liberace/Thorensen comment, some intellectual.

Yes it does say it all Fran.

I am not about to divulge information that will have every single wholesaler selling cars as 409 originals AFTER they doctor the supporting evidence.

No offense, but I am sick and tired of seeing clones passed off as originals. So the people that have originals should be thankful that the info is not be papered over the internet.

I did get the Liberace/Thorensen comment - maybe not the way you had intended - but I liked Liberace.

Thorensen was President Kennedy's press secretary.

With that being said I will close by quoting Jefferson...

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Aubrey - thank you for the kind words - feeling is mutual my friend. :D

M

MK IISS

"Thorensen was President Kennedy's press secretary" ??

I thought Pierre Salinger (White House Press Secretary 1961-1964) was JFK's Press Secretary.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I've had enough

I think your both full of yourselves! :rolleyes: How is this helping this site or other Chevy enthusiasts :dunno Although it is somewhat amusing. Kinda like watching one of those reality thingys on the boob tube. :doh