Z-11 restoration

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Pat is there extra bracing on the top of the center of the X on the frame? Looks like and extra bracing there from the picture.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Let me check the frame, never thought about it.

On putting together a book, that is a great idea just to capture everything. If I did I certainly would not sell it, I would give it away to our family,here.
Let me think about that.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Not necessary, I would cover the costs, let me think about the best way to put something together.

I love the idea, the real story is imbedded here in the countless questions and responses from everyone. The amount of knowledge and expertise here is unbelievable. The stories are the best, it's what we all lived and look back on fondly!

More later.

Thanks, Pat

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi Pat,
My wife is a face book a-holic and the other month she discovered that you can send away a date range from you face book pages and they will print you a book hard or soft cover with all of your posts for that period in it
That is all comments and replies as well as all the pics that you posted

I know this is not face book but Bob may also have an ability to capture thread content for you to use (instead of you searching through and copy paste etc)
Just a thought
A lot of interest is also in your stories of how you tracked down certain parts and the contacts like Bill Howell etc

Thanks for considering this as a project we all know you have enough on your plate

Steve

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't want to cut into anyone's good intentions. I would say, if you're going to put together something like this, be sure you understand the cost of color printing and ink/toner. I know those costs are easy to overlook, but free isn't always free.
One good route to go would be to create a digitized copy. This can easily be given away and anyone who wants a physical/printed copy can have it done at Costco, FedEx/Kinko's, Walgreens, Walmart(?) etc. This way, the costs are not the authors, rather the buyer's.
Just my nickel's worth of free advice.

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I agree somewhat. A DVD of it all would be fairly inexpensive. Time consuming though.

I once copied a high school annual for a friend. It was quite the experience.

A book will be expensive no matter how it gets produced. But there's nothing to compare with a real in your hand book.

I'm in for however it happens.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
My 700 digital printer uses a PDF file to make and fold, and staple and cut a book up to 8.5x11 in color. If you wanted it in digital form, just get the PDF and have Kinko's or whatever print you a copy. I can assemble a book from copy and pics, no biggie.