Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Oops, I meant "40 cubic yards" :).

Tomorrow if the rain holds off we can start framing that West side of the street level. Then i order the trusses that span 40 feet. Can't wait to get those in place!

I need James to stop by to advise me where to put benches and stuff in the lower level. I have some temporary lights I hooked up, one is fluorescent and the other I think is halogen. Not sure how far apart to place them.

Cheers, TomK

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Are you taking over the top garage too Tom,,,,,,,,, and make the tenant's park outside!!!!!!!!:D

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
You bet! That space was designed just for me, no access to the rental unit. They get to park outside. I get the 20' by 45' space on the suspended concrete to use for a sort of "show place" for the finished cars :). The lower unit is for ongoing projects. This is for the shiny cars!

James, we took delivery of the trusses today (Monday) and I have the hoist scheduled for the first thing Tuesday morning, weather and wind permitting :). Will be there 7:30 AM Tuesday rain or shine. A couple of my framers ditched me today, hope they are on board in case we are able to place the trusses :(.

STB_5599.JPG

Tom

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Not sure how good my aim is with a framing hammer.
Now with a 64 oz cross peen better look out.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What no attic trusses for more storage or a dog house...:poke, that looks like about a 8/12 pitch...:dunnoCongratulations on the new granddaughter...:appl:appl:appl

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I went with nine foot ceilings on the street level (ten foot in the basement area) and lofted the ceilings on one side of the building. This was done with pre-made trusses (7:12). To make the top floor "walkable" in the uppermost levels I'd have to stick build that flooring as they didn't offer that in the trusses I went with. There's a lot of weight on the ends of the trusses, so i didn't want to put stuff up in the attic. Just wiring, ductwork and a lot of insulation :).

I am thinking of framing up a platform in the lower lever in the areas where I put in a high ceiling. It's only 15' wide so I can make it span that chasm and add maybe 200-250 square feet of lofted space. And it would overlook the overall shop quite well.

Here's that high ceiling where I plan to put the two post lift:

STA_5612.JPG

I could make a narrow basketball court in that space!

TomK

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Congratulations on your new granddaughter! And also on getting the trusses up! You're making great progress on the man cave!