Pacific Raceways, Kent, WA May 20/21/22 2022

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
I have be contacted by a friend who works at Pacific Raceways in Kent WA. They are scheduling a Nostalgic Weekend race there on May 20/21 & can stay over & race on the 22. She indicated that they would love to have some 409 cars there & asked me to post the info & try to get as many cars as possible. I don't have any other info yet except the dates. I will contact her & try to get more info. and post it as I receive it. Hope to at lease get the West Coast Group. interested.

Joel

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Great. Once things get organized & more information available I will pass it on. Ideally a 348-409 class but a lot will depend on number of participants. I don't really expect to get much info until after the new year.

Joel

Reactions: 327

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Dean: Talk to your sister & let her know we have posted some info. See if she has any more info available. Thanks.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
We would like to go also I just had my left hip replaced and also need the right one replaced so if the timing is right we will be there good job Joel anyone talked with Paul?

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Pat: Hope you can make it. Hoping for the best with your hip replacements. Haven't spoken with Paul or head anything from him in awhile. Paul if your reading this give us some thoughts since you have organized a few of these events.

HHR-L80

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Spoke with my sister Diana tonight. She sent me this info.

"There will be a 348 409 class
As stated previously 348 409 will run Friday and Saturday and are more than welcome to run Sunday during the ET Series.
There will also be a car show on Saturday so if you want to show and support your class and not race you may enter that.
Pacific raceways partners with Best Western Plus Mountainview 253 887 7600 and Red Lion 253 735 9600 both located in Auburn 10/15 minutes away from track so if you mention Pacific raceways they will give a discount.
Racers with Motorhomes or trailers are welcome to stay at track with an overnight camping fee
Tickets and tech cards will be sold online at a later date.
As soon as more info comes out I will let you know"

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Here is come additional info I have received. They are working on a flier, should be completed soon. The event is has nostalgic group, our group & funny cars. We will have trophies for our group, not sure about any payouts yet. No overnight camping fees for our group. I believe we should only run one class for our group as we had at the Iowa event. I will ask them about free tech for our group.

Need to start to get a feel on who will attend, race or show. This will enable me to give then the info on #'s & see what the will offer us. Please let me know if you will attend. Haven't had anything on the West Coast in awhile, let's see if we can get one going again. :flag Thanks.

Joel

427John

Well Known Member
It's too bad they can't do something like a Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock type classes 65 and earlier,no hemis no BBC's and use the period rules and classes,basically limit the engines to year correct W's,Ford FE's,Pontiac's,Buick's,and Olds.Maybe have a stroker class to accommodate them since they are becoming so common.Full size cars race full size cars,midsize vs midsize,lightweights race in an AFX type class etc.etc.

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
It's too bad they can't do something like a Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock type classes 65 and earlier,no hemis no BBC's and use the period rules and classes,basically limit the engines to year correct W's,Ford FE's,Pontiac's,Buick's,and Olds.Maybe have a stroker class to accommodate them since they are becoming so common.Full size cars race full size cars,midsize vs midsize,lightweights race in an AFX type class etc.etc.
That sounds a lot like what the South East Gasser Assoc. does.

I think I was planning to be up there on that weekend for a BC Super Shifters race. Will have to check my schedule.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
We will race in our own class 348/409 & not have to worry about anyone else & yes it will be bracket racing. That is what we have done at most of our events. I believe that makes it fair, so it comes down to your reaction time & knowing your vehicle & dialing it in properly.:dunno

Lets get some participation. I would hate to have a West Coast event at a really nice track & only have a few cars showup. I know there are vehicles within travelling distance to attend. It is an 800+ mile trip for me but is always worth it when we get our group together. :goodThanks.

Joel

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Have received more info on the event & a flier which I will try to attach. That's Dean's car in the center. Here is the info I received:
Tech is at 9am Friday you cannot start motors till 9am per king county. You can come in Thursday night, Sunday is our A Street Automotive Gold Cup bracket series. The classes are High School, MC, Sportsman, Pro and Super Pro. Sunday is a separate event tech cards would need to be purchased for that day. As mentioned previously they will charge us $50.00 tech fee for both days & no charge for camping. They will be providing trophies for our class. They do have racing fuel available to purchase. I plan on arriving Thursday & racing on Sunday. If you have any other questions please let me know. If you are planning to attend also let me know so I can start a list & keep them informed.
West Coast Event.jpg