Pacific Raceways, Kent, WA May 20/21/22 2022

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Seattle Raceways News UPDATE""""""""""

Well it was quite the Adventure for the 4 Omigo's at Pacific N.W. raceways. Finally got
the CASHguzzler409 up and ready for the 1st time at and full 1/4 mile strip, what an
experience. Friday pulled in at about 8:00 am, the place was full of all kinds of race
cars, funny cars, you name it they were there. Joel was there, with the Black Magic,
and he did his usual on the money runs, 11:25 each run, another local fellow, John, cool guy, like most 409 er's are, with a, all white 62 Bubble top, with blue interior, 2x4 car, very nice, set up to race, but still stock looking was there, he ran 13:55. Another local 409 car 1964 SS Impala 2x4 with a Offenhauser ? setup, he ran good, it was a very nice all Black, bucket seat car. Then there was your CASHguzzler409 newbie to
racing, boy if you wanted a good laugh, you should have been there. The Guzzler is running the best its ran, but no much power for the tires, burn 1st, 2nd and some 3rd gear. Also the car is a 62, Im a 79, the car is smarter than I am. I had so much trouble
with understanding the procedure of the Tree..... Here's what I heard..... being 79....
pull up till you see the double yellow lights come on, thats the staging light for you. Then wait for him to do the same, then, roll up a little more....... roll up a little more.
So I let out the clutch and roll up a little more, and I see his tree lights turning yellow, yellow , green, mine goes RED and the bottom. Im sitting there wondering what the
F..... to do? the guy comes running over the yells.... go ... go.... so I do.....burning
rubber like a 19 year old at the burger joint. I was told the announcer said, I must
have owned a Tire Shop, because I just burned of a set. Anyway, to time slip on that run. Next time out, the same thing....set the staging 2 yellow dots, did like they said,
rolled up a little and it turn red again, the other guy was half way down the strip,
So, I get back and the guys are wondering what I was doing, ? I told them, they said,
NOOOO.... whey you stage, just INCH, up for the 2nd light to come on......
Finally did make 1 pass 15:97, felt great, but still no traction.
The 4 of us were park close together as the event gave us are own section. It was nice
to be able to walk down and get to know the guys, there cars, wife's, dogs, etc.
I got some advice on cheater slicks, and how to "inch" up to the light. Learned that
Joel was a Officer in the Army, so I did salute him, but then he told me his wife was also in the Army and out ranked him, so he had to salute her. haha funny
John, who had the 62 Bubble top, was quite greedy, as he also brought his other 2 car,
62 SS Hondurus Maroon 409 , gorgeous, & his 63 Red Black top Convertible air 409 Car. I almost thought he was related to Paul Stensland.
The Seattle weather on Friday was good, a little cool, with sunny spots all day. Saturday got up and there was no clouds , blue skies, it was one of Seattle finest days.
Sorry, I took pictures , but somehow they didn't turn out. Joel did take many so when
he gets back to Utah he said he'll post them.

Great time... and they said there going to do it again next year... Cash out.

Ps. Only cost me $150.00 to fill up my 409..18.01 gal 110 octane at the track.12.99 gal
Most I've ever spent on 1 tank in my entire LIFE>

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have only 1 wish for the event, I wished just one of you were there that I could have aed to drive my car down the strip for me. The Guzzler deserved a better driver, and it would have been fun to see what it really could ayshave done... next timethere :driver
Na, the quest is only done by you Cash, like Bryan says.

There's lots of stuff going on behind that green light. More runs really helps. It's not really that easy. There's lots of stuff going on out there when you pull up to the water box and after.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I have only 1 wish for the event, I wished just one of you were there that I could have asked to drive my car down the strip for me. The Guzzler deserved a better driver, and it would have been fun to see what it really could have done... next time?:driver
If you have a positraction differential then get some slicks on some other wider wheels and really don't have to really get carried away off the line saving the driveline ( high rpm) ease off the line get rolling and then nail it and learn the lights and you should see a improvement instead of spinning down the track.

Last edited:

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Yeah Stan you have the itch now just to scratch it. Stans Belair is beautiful and well built, his mechanic Dino is a sharp guy and fun to talk to. Got to spend a few days with these guys, great weather even had a few beers to celebrate, next year my car should be there and maybe faster to boot !!!

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Well I finally arrived back home late Wednesday evening. It was a fun time. Wish we would of had more cars racing, maybe next year. Stan's info pretty much tells it all. Actually had 6 409 cars, 3 belonged to John, 1 raced(his 62 Bubble top) & 2 show cars. 63 matching #'s car, beautiful & took best 60's car at the car show & a 64 convert. All his cars are beautiful. His 62 is a 4 speed & a very period correct car. He took 2nd place in the event & I believe his best time was a 13.55 during the races. Dean ran his 64 with the MT cross ram intake & I believe his best time was 13.33. 1st eliminations was John racing Stan & Stan red lighted, not sure what John's time was, he backed off at the end. Next race was Dean & me. Dean ran a 13.92 & I ran 11.394 for the win. Next was John & me, John ran 13.85 & I ran an 11.397 for the win. So I took 1st & John took 2nd. My car really loved the great air, cool weather & sea level. My best time at this event was 11.262 et & 116.15 mph, an all time new record for me. We all had a good time & looking forward to the next one. I will try to post some pictures in the next few days.

Joel