Pacific Raceways, Kent, WA May 20/21/22 2022

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Thanks Stan. I purchased my tech card today & received my ticket. Anyone else? Please let me know & I will add you to the list. Thanks.:burnout

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Received new flyer from Pacific Raceway which I will attach FYI (too large will try to reduce). Also they indicated only 4 people have signed up so far for the event. Only about 5 weeks until the race in Kent Washington so let's get registered. Once signed up they will have our packets ready when we get there & stream line the registration/entry process. I know there are more cars within a days drive to the track so let's go & make this a great event that we can count on one every year. The price is right, free camping, low cost tech cards & 2 crew members per entry & 2 full days of racing. See you all there!

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Well one month until the event at Pacific Raceway Park. Haven't had anymore entries that I am aware of, hopefully a few more cars will participate. I realize gas prices are outrageous & it's a long trip for me, but it is always a good time even if only with a few members. It should be a fun time & there is really a lot going on that weekend at the track. Hope to see more 348/409 cars. See you there. Safe travels.:winner

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Finally got my engine back yesterday. I'm trying!!! should have car back together this week....should.
Take it to the track, even if its not done. You would be surprised what you can get done with a little help from your 348-409 family. My wagon hadn't moved under its own power in some 25 years and I still took it to the drag strip in 2019 with just a few things to finish to get her to run. I really didn't want to run it down the track but the tech inspector said it was better than half the junk running down the track. LOL! I had no tune but I made passes and it was a blast! One of my top 5 memories of my life. :D

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I still haven't got mine running yet either, but It will be there one way or the other, trailer, tow, or AAA, or is that just for
drinking.? Im having my friend Dino, Pit Boss Engine Builder, Master machanic come along to help, in case of trouble, also, Barry the Buss Saw Bradford, who restore my CASHgussler409, so if help is needed. They can help, Me, not so much, just ask Phil.? he's promised not to tell. See you there.... Barry restore 63 G0LD 409 4spd - try to get him to bring it along to show his magic at restoring.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Great, hopefully some more participants , spectators & help. My car came back from the shop. Tune up, check over, front disc brake conversion & Moroso(47195) front trick springs. Brakes work great, just more pressure required than I am use to. Car was 2.5 inches lower on drivers side than passengers side front & back(don't know why). Went racing at Firebird Raceway in Boise & car performed well(driver a little rusty, long winter). Only got in 4 runs all weekend. 2 bad runs on Saturday & 2 good runs on Sunday. 11.63 & 11.60 best times ever at Boise. Car still sitting unlevel but good burnout, traction & straight down the strip. Loaded up & came home. Offloaded car from trailer & put in garage & now sitting perfectly level(same measurement front & back both sides). Go figure.:crazy So am just going to leave well enough alone & hopefully no gremlins. Will load up and take off to Pacific Raceway.:winner See you all in about 3 weeks.

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Nice runs, that should bring a few smiles to the fans in Seattle. See ya soon. Is Pacific Raceway going to send
any packet to us that have entered, or we just show up, and they'll have our names etc. thanks... stan

Reactions: 327

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
According to the information I have they will have our packets waiting for us when we arrive. Just make sure you bring the registration info your received when you purchased your ticket. I have 2 pages that I printed out. 1 with my ticket # & 1 that said order completed order received & payment info. That's what you should have since you indicated you already registered. See you there.

Reactions: 327

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Pacific Raceways want to know what tree we want to use for our races(full or pro). I told them full tree. Hopefully that is agreeable with everyone. If you all agree we will leave it at that. If the majority want to change to pro tree let me know & I will contact them & see about changing it. Thanks. See you in about a week.

Joel

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Today we Got the CASHguzzler409 fired back up, and it sounded great. We will put it up on the lift and check the exhaust next for leaks and make sure everything looks good, for the big race. Next
clean out the trailer so I can haul it down to the track, just in case?
Its always a nice place to sit in case of rain, What? in Seattle..no way. :rain

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Good new Stan. Thanks for your reply Dean. Will leave it at full tree unless I hear differently. Also last time I checked the Kent weather forecast it looked as if we were going to have some great weather while we are there(maybe some showers on Sunday).

Joel